Phantom Coolant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

96 Integra LS, factory everything motorwise. I am loosing the coolant reservoir about every week. No smoke/steam/anything out of the ordinary coming out of the exhaust, no fluid in the oil, no leaks in the system that I can find... I'm dying here guys, throw me a bone.

Sparkly clean, radiator is new as of about 9 months ago, no crystals from drying coolant anywhere in the engine bay. Hence why I've deemed it the phantom coolant.

Put some cardboard underneath it when you park it, that should help you locate the leak and find out if it's a hose from the radiator, IACV etc. Check your passenger side carpet too, it could be the heater core.

it may be leaking out of the back side of the water pump, happened to me when my water pump was on its way out. The way it looks to me is when the bearings start to go they wear a hole into the end of the water pump housing if u look at it from the driver side there will be a small hole on the lower right side of the pump that u can feel with ur finger, it dribles down lil by lil and basically evaporates before it hits the ground. But it will leave a white trail of water marks from the water pump down the inside of the timing cover. check it and see if thats the problem

Quoted post[/post]]
it may be leaking out of the back side of the water pump, happened to me when my water pump was on its way out. The way it looks to me is when the bearings start to go they wear a hole into the end of the water pump housing if u look at it from the driver side there will be a small hole on the lower right side of the pump that u can feel with ur finger, it dribles down lil by lil and basically evaporates before it hits the ground. But it will leave a white trail of water marks from the water pump down the inside of the timing cover. check it and see if thats the problem

Good post. That is exactly what happened in my h23...right before it blew up.

Might be a good thing to check out. If you saw my water pump after it was replace (the engine blew the next day cause the block was FUCKED) the turbine thing just wiggled all up in the housing.

I'll check everything come daylight... I have new belts to be put on along with a new waterpump, so I'll make that happen double quick and see if the draining stops.

Quoted post[/post]]

Yep same thing that happened to me, waterpump started to shit the bed and leaked slowly and progressivly got worse...

Back