Phantom Grip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DesertNightEagle

Just wondering if anyone bought the Phantom Grip Limited slip conversion kit? Does it work? is it worth $300? how hard is it to install?

Opinions are much appreciated(even if you dont have it) :D

only thing i have heard is, it is suppose to be good for the money, but I have also heard people saying it can mess up the spider gears, not sure exactly what but that is what I have heard

yup, it helps going in a straight line some, but nothing like a true lsd, shit I can't believe John Brown would even call it the phantom grip lsd (the man who created it I can't stand and lives 15 minutes from my house, has fucked up numerous rides locally.)

it rocks for an lsd. it rocks for drag launches. then you realize a month later. you just busted your differential because of a poorly made lsd. go with quaife

Originally posted by jdmlude92@Oct 15 2003, 08:35 AM
it rocks for an lsd. it rocks for drag launches. then you realize a month later.

I've read numerous reviews that it does next to nothing for drag launches but is good for twisties. Or it may have been the other way around.

Either way, it sucks.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Oct 15 2003, 10:41 AM-->
jdmlude92
@Oct 15 2003, 08:35 AM
it rocks for an lsd. it rocks for drag launches. then you realize a month later.

I've read numerous reviews that it does next to nothing for drag launches but is good for twisties. Or it may have been the other way around.

Either way, it sucks.

Other way around. It's basically a spring loaded locker... straight line for the most part.

you might as well weld the differential so both wheels spin. phantom grip will destroy the tranny. just like a block guard, you get what you pay for.

good analogy, block guard is to so called be able to run more boost/higher revs and phantom grip is to grip not slip.

I know one person who has tried one and he peglegged every launch anyway. Quaife is a great all around investment, for drag -a clutch stlye is going to give you the instant lockup you want over a torsion style though.

Back