phone upgrade.. need opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks for the link. I'll share it with my wife. She's the only tech-geek I know without a smart phone. She can create web pages and diagnosis/fix PC's. She is a genesis with computers compared to me (but that's not saying much). People laugh when she busts out her flip phone. She is used to tech stuff on sit down computers and hates touch screens. I told her that she'll adjust. And now she is looking into phones that Can be re-programmed. I looked at her like a deer in the headlights when she told me that.

I have Zack's brick phone! I also got the leather case lol. Might be worth $50 in 20 years. Will be able to buy a gallon of milk with it.

If she is a tech geek, Android all the way... from what I've read there is a new version of Sense on the One that is much better than the older versions

I still haven't gotten a phone... there was a loophole through bestbuy.com that was letting Verizon customers keep their UDP when upgrading.. the HTC one was only $1 on sale... unfortunately the loophole has recently been closed..

Anyone know a trick to get an upgrade sooner? My dumbass bought a Windows HTC 8x. So tired of it. I want a Galaxy S5 so bad. No upgrades until Feb 15 though :(

Hmm. CAFROG, Nexus 5 or Note 3 all the way for your wife.

I must say, @CARFOG, I was very similar to your wife in my disregard of smart phones. I had a nokia brick until 2010 when my company forced me onto a Blackberry, and then to an iphone. I use it for facebook sometimes, but for the most part, i still use it exactly how I used my old brick phone. Send texts, make phone calls, set alarms. The end. I wouldn't push the issue...there is such a thing as 'enough' technology, and at least you get to talk to your wife rather than the back of the phone. Take the positives, man.

S4 is only $50 at Best Buy right now too

Contracts suck. I switched to the no contract / no subsidy plan. saves about $30 a month. buy a last-gen used phone from CL/etc

that's what I'm saying... but to get the $50 phone, it's surely a contract plan

Back