Phoniex AZ. emissions ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

does anyone know if phoenix has emissions laws? i live in ks, and i have never had to deal with it.
the reason for the ? is that i am going to UTI in july 07 and wondering about my car.
thank

not always so! my starion failed 3 times.. the last 2 times after i payed some shop $750 to fix the "problem"
You got ripped off doood. There's a bunch of shops that will guarantee you pass for under $250 and if you fail they'll fix it until it passes :D

sorry i just dont get it. do they check to make sure you have all the emission stuff on and working or do they just do good look over?
here in kansas they just take a look at the vin and make sure it matches the title.

sorry i just dont get it. do they check to make sure you have all the emission stuff on and working or do they just do good look over?
here in kansas they just take a look at the vin and make sure it matches the title.
They do the VIN matching, then they hook your car up to a machine that reads hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide and oxides of oxygen or some other shit, basically most Fuel Injected Honda's will pass that part. Then they pop your hood and make sure you have your vacuum/charcoal canister hooked up to SOMETHING, they really don't care where all the Vacuum's go, as long as you passed the first part and everything is hooked up. They will SOMETIMES fail you for a check engine light turning on. This only applies to cars before 1996, if you have 1996+ they just plug it in. Depending on which Emissions place you go to, they're supposed to check to make sure you have a catalytic converter on the car. My b16 95 coupe passed with flying colors with a cat, and I'm sure it would've still passed without one. They didn't check for my cat, but I didn't want to risk it.

Also, if you plan to re-title your car in AZ, you will have to go through a Level 1 inspection, which consists of Blinkers/Lights/Horn/Seatbelts and both front doors open and close, sometimes they check for the hood latching also.

They do the VIN matching, then they hook your car up to a machine that reads hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide and oxides of oxygen or some other shit, basically most Fuel Injected Honda's will pass that part. Then they pop your hood and make sure you have your vacuum/charcoal canister hooked up to SOMETHING, they really don't care where all the Vacuum's go, as long as you passed the first part and everything is hooked up. They will SOMETIMES fail you for a check engine light turning on. This only applies to cars before 1996, if you have 1996+ they just plug it in. Depending on which Emissions place you go to, they're supposed to check to make sure you have a catalytic converter on the car. My b16 95 coupe passed with flying colors with a cat, and I'm sure it would've still passed without one. They didn't check for my cat, but I didn't want to risk it.

Also, if you plan to re-title your car in AZ, you will have to go through a Level 1 inspection, which consists of Blinkers/Lights/Horn/Seatbelts and both front doors open and close, sometimes they check for the hood latching also.

level 2 owned my ass... but i passed... becuase i passed emissions after getting a new cat, 02 sensor, plugs and wires....

This thread is more than four years old, hes probably even graduated by now. lol Check the dates before posting please. :locked:

Back