Photochop Rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 6 2003, 04:26 AM
17s...black rims with a polished lip is my suggestion

bah.

I like white rims, it compliments it well. but a blackout theme is pretty cool too.

Just get 15's with a lower profile tire. my potenza so3 in 195/50/15 fit very nice. 17lbs is very heavy. If your going to go the ricy 17 way, go with oz superlegga's or there other black wheel that fits honda (go to there site, it looks bad ass)

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 5 2003, 11:08 PM
15s just make the car look...tiny.

thats cause the car is tiny :ph34r:

seriously 17's just look out of place on a civic IMO. i love the way my 15's look especially with the car in motion.

and hey my car is black with white rims. :D

if youre really stuck on white, . . . . . do the ITR 5 lug conversion, and use white ITR rims. that would look badass

Why's everyone care so much about smaller rims being lighter? I'm not building my car to be super fast, and putting 17s on won't make the gearing that much taller.

How the hell are 17s ricey? They give the car a nice look IMO.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Rice is in the eye of the beholder.

You're building your car for YOU, not for other people... If you think it looks good, that's what's important.

EDIT: Good way to start page 2. :)

oh sorry for replying so late but i weighed my wheels again without tires i put my self on scale with out rim and i weigh 130 with the slipstream i weigh 140. oh and hey you ever consider 16s everyone saying 15 and 17 16s are good too

Yeah...16s will weigh in at 16.3 pounds and cost $154 each. not much of a difference in weight, but 30 less for each rim is a nice price difference.

Can someoen do a photchop of these on my car? they're 16" white ASA LW5s.

LW5.KW.16.gif

^
2003 si rims look similar, and you could have them powder coated for alot less cash. put the cash toward somthing else

I like it, but it just doesn't do it for me the same way the 17s do.

I dunno. I will probably stick with 15s just because when I start messing with summer/winter rims, I want to keep the gearing the same (I know it won't change MUCH, but it will change none the less).

Thanks guys.

sleepergtx i agree with you
17s look good
the only reason im getting 15's is so i can drop the car 2.25
but other than that i would get 17's in a heartbeat

one night i was driving in my friends 98 dx hatch when we rolled up to a another 98 hatch that our friend owns. we line up, the car i am driving has heavy 17's on the other has si wheels, both cars have aem intakes and cat back exaust. all night i was getting my ass handed to me so the next night we put the stock 14's on and we ran across our friend with th hatch and we were right on with each other. i win one he wins one. wheel weight matters... shortly after my friend went out and got a 14.5 pound set of 17's and i went with my 15" 11.5 pound circuit 8's

thats cool 92, but I want a car that looks nice. I don't WANT to street race anymore, it's stupid and pointless, "heavy" 17s give me an excuse to stop.

I like the 17's and there are a few black civic's rolling around here with white rims and I must say that the owners have kept the car pretty much a sleeper (looks stock minus the rims/ exhaust/ stance). I don't care too much for the bronze rims so I'd say silver or white but of course it's your car, your decision. I have Enkei 17's on mine right now and the wheels scuff b/c the came off of my girls 240sx (bigger tire for her bigger wheel well) and I get compliments all the time. Once I get the proper tire size though I've been told the scuffing will cease so I'm saving up now myself.

Back