Photographic updates on the BeeTwunny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Got the head back from having my valvesprings/retainers/valve seals put in today. I got home, snapped some pics, assembled the head so I can drop it off to get the valves adjusted, and snapped some more pics.

gallery_24518_204_1101948165.jpg

gallery_24518_204_1101948118.jpg

Portflow, bishes!

gallery_24518_204_1101948206.jpg

gallery_24518_204_1101940146.jpg

I should pick up the head either Friday or Monday, depending on when I get some cash to pay for the valve adjustment.

I also talked to Phillip today, he said that everything should be back at his shop tomorrow, and that he just has to order the bearings.

I get paid next friday, so hopefully next saturday I'll be able to pick up the block... From there, I only have to buy a radiator hose, and put everything together. w00t!

Crimmus, here I come!!!

When I picked up the head, one of the dudes at the machine shop that put the valvesprings in told me 'whoowee boy, them thar shere are some stout sprangs...you gon' be whippin' that li'l honder over 6 kay?' I just laughed and said 'Of course man...torque low, shift high. Thats what us riceburners are all about.'

:huh:

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 1 2004, 07:06 PM
Looks good man. Now if only you had a skunk2 intake manifold to go with all that. :)
[post=424806]Quoted post[/post]​

gallery_24518_164_1101176606.jpg

doin' the happy dance....doin' the happy dance...

Originally posted by b204dr@Dec 2 2004, 09:56 AM
looks nice-did u get a valve job ?
[post=425058]Quoted post[/post]​

valve job meaning getting the valves ground? nope. got 'em adjusted though....

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 2 2004, 02:27 PM
looks good ..my bro has a sohc and he was using the skunk 2 cam gear and it was worth a shit we double checked the timing 6 times started all over put it to top dead center and lined it up ..but the little wieghts that come on the gear are about a 4mm off of factory ....so when he was sprying it kept cutting out and running like crap .. switched it back to the stock cam gear and it ran great .. i think someone just sold him a shitty cam gear ...he just think skunk2 blows !!! alot of kidds on d-series.org talk shit about skunk2 .. i couldnt tell ya i dont have any skunk2 in my car
[post=425132]Quoted post[/post]​

I have heard this too. A mod over on team-integra.net had the same problem. They were degreed horribly. When it said it was at -2* it was really at 0*. I am sorry, 2* can mean 1000+ in damages.

If skunk2 gears suck what should you use? Ive heard nice reviews of the JG Edelbrock unit... they too are 6bolt designs.

I still can't figure out why someone would spend the money to put a cam gear on a SOHC motor and then spend more money on tuning it since not every motor is the same I always hear hey what did your buddy set his cam gear to so I can use his settings................

cam gears really shine when used on a DOHC anyways...

So let me get this straight today is Dec 3rd and you want to run 12s by xmas? Hmmmmm

Did you do new rings? if so you do know you're going to have break in time right? also factor in tuning time too.

22 days left yo!

even if the rings are old and broke in you did do a clutch right? if so thats just another thing to break in.

I broke in 2 engines in 1 month and IMO it sucked ass! trying to not boost and keeping the car under the vtec point BAH it sucked!!!!!!! but when dyno day came Mmmmmm it was fun =)

Yeah, jeffie....I'm putting all this on an old, used, burned out clutch and the 3 used rings that survived Mike.

And ever heard of 'breaking it in on the dyno' ?

Back