Photography Equipment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you want to know about Photography, talk to my buddy Mike..probably teh best Photographs i have seen..his stuff sells for some pretty good freaking doough ...and im not talking a couple hundred bucks either lol...he sells to private collectors and what not.

http://www.dexxcreativeimagery.com/

so i was looking at the roberts photography website and there is a refurbed canon t3i on there with the standard 18-55 lens for $649 so i decide to look around and see that i can get it brand new on amazon for 599 or newegg for $509...are they crazy or am I missing something?

edit: just saw that the one on newegg is refurb to

and on this site I can get just the body for $369 Im leaning towards this since I already have the lens that it comes with. Save Money for a little it and upgrade the lens. thoughts? http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=CNEOSRDT3I

My students like their t3i bodies and the bonus is that the shoot video and take SD cards. I think it would be a fine choice. if you are getting a refurb just be sure the company you get it from backs it. Did they have any 60D's? They cost a little more but that is the body I use and love it as it is a little beefier and I have big hands.

As for my advise before. I stand by it - get a good body, use your current lenses as they will do the job until you can upgrade your glass. That is exactly what a trusted pro shooter told me when I started advising. In all honesty you can take my advice or not but this is how I grew my staff collection from one canon rebel xt to 15 total cameras 30 lenses plus a few specialty lenses on a shoe string budget. When you work in student journalism every penny counts. The kit lenses are adequate for beginners and non pros. Slowly build up when you can and start with what you shoot with most. My first personal lens was a nifty fifty to replace my kit 55.

well I know this thread is old but I finally picked up a camera. I ended up getting a Canon t5 with the standard 18-55 lens and a 75-300. Came with an hdmi cable and tripod. got it from costco for $549
http://www.costco.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T5-DSLR-Camera-2-Lens-Bundle.product.100128185.html

Nice. It's always a toss up between the Canons and Nikons. I don't shoot as much as I used to. I guess I don't dedicate as much time.

When I go on vacation, usually the first 3 days are with my DSLR, the next day is point and shoot, and the last 3 days are with my iphone. The Iphone 6 plus camera is outstanding btw.

That's a pretty good deal from what I've seen.

Yea I'm pretty stoked to shoot more. Played around with it around the house but I really want to get outside. I have mlk day off so I'm gonna take my nephews up in the woods for a drive and see what i can find to shoot

Ive got an EF 35-80mm and EFS 55-250mm. Just kit lenses. The others I have are older, and look to be a different mount. I dont know anything about Canons lol. Ones a 75-300 macro, the other is 50mm f/1.8. You can try em if you like, and if you want either of the kit lenses you can have em.

Back