PHP Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
I've been recently offered a deal that i could not turn down. This bitch wants me to design a website for her in full PHP and she'd pay me $3000. Only problem is that I dont have any clue of how to code PHP. I have a pretty good understanding of HTML. I was just wonder what programs are the best to code PHP in, that highlight syntax, etc. Also, i've got 2 months to finish it. She started some sort of business and wants to go online to further her profits. I know i will have to use a database and have to use encryption for the credit card numbers and such. Do you think i will have enough time to learn and complete this within 2 months?

Shit i'm so desperate i'm about to go buy "PHP for dummies" :lol:
Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh boy.

you have entered a world of shit.

php is no where NEAR the same level as html.

there is no dreamweaver/frontpage for php.

encryption and secure servers- are another thing.
I highly recommend you turn it down. you dont want to be balmed when 213123 peoples credit card numbers get stolen do you?

do you know anything about SSL? certificates?

amateurs don't code https sites :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 26 2003, 01:03 AM
do you know anything about SSL? certificates?

No, but now I know that i'm going to have to use MySQL as well, oh gawd, it probably would be a good idea to turn it down, but its worth the money if i could get an extension or something.

B, would you be interested in helping me out? I'd split the cash with ya :lol:

Or is it not even worth it?

i'm not putting my name or rep on that. no fucking way.

you have NO clue what you are getting into.

I've been coding in php and mysql for about 2 years.... and it would take me well over 4 months to just code that system, let alone design a site around it.

money or not- you wont deliver.

:lol: Alright, well looks like that didn't go as planned. Thanks for giving me a heads up, that job is as good as gone.

no, i just have a real job that i work 45 hours a week at, plus 2 other websites i am building, plus running this shit hole :)

Back