Pic of What happens when

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
This was taken of the sol board I go too. His brother was driving, didn't latch the top, hit a slight bump, air got underneath the seam and just lifted it up. He said that it then proceeded to get ran over several times.

Buhhhhhaaahaa

IM002188.jpg

I almost had a samba top for free. there was a samba sol in a junk yard waiting to be crushed, and the passenger side handle was broken off. I didn't have any needle nose pliars on me to open it, so I just said fuck it. I wanted to make a bike rack or ski rack out of it. I would just buy a universal kit and just drill right into it.

my top flew off when i was going 80, landed on its top and didnt get ran over though

all it did was pop off all the plastic interior pieces and ruined the paint, didnt warp or dent it at all

it was about 6 am sunday morning after about 3 hours of sleep since that friday morning during spring break 2 years ago

bahaha :owned:

There's a Samba sol around Fort wayne here...I saw him last summer up north...I was in love with the color.

fast and furious y0!

when I was 14 I saw a green delsol and wanted one then my older cus said dude thats a pussy car fuck that thing unless you're gay

so I never wanted one after that

i got a del sol roof if your friend needs one, its red btu i can paint it samba green to if he wants for the right price pm if if your interested

i have a black one - the handles :p
been sitting in the closet ever since i bought my plexiglass one :ph34r:

I love how it got run over, and all fucked, but then back on the car it goes. :lol:

hahaha...I saw Micah's, it didn't look bad at all for flying off at 80--just scratches.

I saw a Samba Green top on ebay for 35.00, I should have bought it so I could pull a F & F one day :)

lol nick that woulda owned :p

my buddy with the 98 supra tt and i accidentally pulled an f&f one day.

supra targas are a pain to put on, you have to bolt them down then lock it into place, well we had just got finished adding some junk to his car and wanted to take it for a spin, he didnt wanna bother locking it down so we both just held onto our side of the roof.....

needless to say once we got to about 140 all the air in the car from having the windows down to hold onto the top got to be too much and the top flew off...
this was like 2am and it was real dark in a pretty desolate area.
well we couldnt find the damn roof, i was going up one side of the road in my car with headlights and flashlight and he was on the other side.
then i started driving with him standing in my car with flashlights.
after about an hour we found it over a fence prolly 40 feet off the highway, no scratches or anything since it landed in the grass, but its warped now.
we bolted it back on his car and i sat on it so he could lock it down lol, you can see how its twisted :p

it was retarded, but we laugh about it now B)

Originally posted by micah@May 16 2004, 02:59 PM

supra targas are a pain to put on, you have to bolt them down then lock it into place, well we had just got finished adding some junk to his car and wanted to take it for a spin, he didnt wanna bother locking it down so we both just held onto our side of the roof.....

needless to say once we got to about 140 all the air in the car from having the windows down to hold onto the top got to be too much and the top flew off...
well we couldnt find the damn roof, i was going up one side of the road in my car with headlights and flashlight and he was on the other side.
after about an hour we found it over a fence prolly 40 feet off the highway, no scratches or anything since it landed in the grass, but its warped now.
we bolted it back on his car and i sat on it so he could lock it down lol, you can see how its twisted :p

If you guys did not bolt the top down knew it could come up so you held it while doing 140mph? I think you guys are about as dumb as the guy who drilled a hole in his gas tank for his NOS hookup or even better the guy who put a sock over his turbo for a filter and sucked it in when he started the car shooting tons of sock pieces into his motor

or better yet I think that might even top civicious on anything he's done

I hope you were really drunk or very high becuase of you were sober when you did that you guys have to be the most stupid pair of guys on this planet

you're just lucky when the top came off he did not wreck the car

Originally posted by jeffie7+May 16 2004, 06:34 PM-->
@May 16 2004, 02:59 PM

If you guys did not bolt the top down knew it could come up so you held it while doing 140mph? I think you guys are about as dumb as the guy who drilled a hole in his gas tank for his NOS hookup or even better the guy who put a sock over his turbo for a filter and sucked it in when he started the car shooting tons of sock pieces into his motor

or better yet I think that might even top civicious on anything he's done

I hope you were really drunk or very high becuase of you were sober when you did that you guys have to be the most stupid pair of guys on this planet

you're just lucky when the top came off he did not wreck the car

:werd: :withstupid:

it was screwed in place just not locked down,
and he was driving, i did not know he was intending to go 140+

Originally posted by micah@May 16 2004, 11:57 PM
it was screwed in place just not locked down,
and he was driving, i did not know he was intending to go 140+

common sence....."hey man your top isn't locked down, you better slow down"

Back