pic ofthe motor before reinstall

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4delsol

I just though I would show you all how my y8 rebuild came out, comments and criticism welcome. Just wanna know what you all think

btw the intake manifold is white and the header is ceramic black
the car is a 97 si and is white, with a soon to be completed carbon fiber front end

If its not to dark I will try to snap some more pics later, because I am going to be reinstalling her in about an hour
picture030-4ab3urvg0.jpeg

if you paint the tranny green, you can have a christmas engine.

i always think engines look the best if they look totally stock and people don't think any work has been done. oem ftw...

the valve cover looks nice.

i wouldnt paint the block anything but black or clear coat the bare metal.

not sure i'll be a fan of the white intake manifold...sounds lame

black ceramic coated header...alright it'll look ok i guess

carbon fiber front end...
fenders, bumper, and hood?
are you going to paint them white?

IMO, unpained carbon fiber front bumpers or fenders look rice like an unpainted body kit. unpainted hood is OK, especially on a white car. but you cant just leave the front end all carbon fiber. it would look like the car hasnt shaved in a few days, all scruffy. meh. all IMO.

I like the valve cover but why the red block?

With a red intake pipe, and red oil cap, it should look nice with a few accents around the engine. Just dont go overboard

the paint job itself looks mint,,but the colors-not so much,,i love the white cover,,but the red block is ugly,shoulda been black,primer,or aluminum..
good work though

thanks for input, its a little to late to repaint the block now though

you can still prevent stains, chips, scratches, etc. shop towls FTW!! (plyers laying on the paint, i'm guilty tho too).

How does paint screw up a car? It doesn't effect the performance of it at all.

Back