pic ofthe motor before reinstall

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was told that painting/powder coating heads/blocks isnt that great of an idea because it cant diapate heat as good. But yeah the head and v/c look good.

I was told that painting/powder coating heads/blocks isnt that great of an idea because it cant diapate heat as good. But yeah the head and v/c look good.
ive never heard of any problems,,all of our blocksand heads are painted on the racecars and we havent had n heat problem yet,,

You just need to use high-temp paint designed for use on engines and you should be fine...

You just need to use high-temp paint designed for use on engines and you should be fine...

WHat I was trying to say is that paint and powder coat on engines acts like a thermal barrier and traps heat more as compaired to a bare block.

Im not all to sure how true it is though because a lot of older cars had painted blocks from the factory, its just what someone told me.

Looks great. Do what you want it is your time/money.

Im not all to sure how true it is though because a lot of older cars had painted blocks from the factory, its just what someone told me.

Yeah, I don't think it's really that big of a deal. If it was nobody would use those engine enamels and the car companies would paint/coat their valve covers and other parts at the factory...

Back