pic request: Gold LS mesh rims?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxsir707

has anyone painted their ls mesh gold or bronze if you did what paint did you use and how did they turn out? im trying to piant mine either gold, graphite or bronze but i have not seen anyone do this im curiouse how they would look any help is appreciated.

thanks

i will be getting some meshes soon.. i plan on polishing the lip and painting the mesh royal bronze..

i found this pic.. this is pretty much what i plan on doing.. maybe a different bronze though
510623_98_full.jpg

ive seen that one i bought some dark gold paint and rim clear coat today i think if i dont like it ill just spray them graphite

did mine today turned out clean the duplicolor clear coat for rims is the bomb gave the rims a clean shine finish pics are kinda blurry and dark since my camera sux

Attachments

• DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 7,969
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 4,296
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 4,244
they look good.. makes me wanna get mine now... i gotta wait till my GFs friend trades her car in.. i'm gonna swap out wheels..

haha here is how i did it there is a lot of guys on here saying to use aircraft stripper and shit DONT it will fuck up you polish lip is you spill or fuck up also f you dont like theway they turn out with my method you can take of the paint with a litte elbow grease and some fine sand paper and buff em so they look normal again.

anyway here goes: just a quick write up

first cleaned the crap out off the rims with greased lightning cleaner to get all the grime of the wheels.

the i used a green 3m scuffing pad used about 4 1 for each rim
i didnt scuff up the lip since i wanted to leave that polished of course

the paint i used was high temp engine paint from duplicolor universal gold 3 cans
duplicolor rim clearcoat 2 cans

and just some walmart1 dollar primer ive noticed this primer for some reason sticks beter to most surfaces and holds up really well

so once the rims where clean i hosed them down then cleaned each one with a new rag and let them dry in the sun.

once they were dry i started taping them of and masking the i sprayed the back side of the rim first 3 coats of prime 3 coats of the gold 3 coats of the clear , in between each coat of paint i waited 15 minutes and used a hair dryer to help the paint dry a little better ive noticed with the hairdryer you can get a cleaner finish a lot more reflective like normal paint the after the final clear wait at least an hour before touching the rim that gives you enough time to start on the next one. i honestly didnt think they were going to turn out this good they look like thay came from the factory like this

thats true but not everybody can afford powdercoating in my area the cheapest is $75 a rim

now that i think of it .. i remember a buddy of mine told me he got a powdercoater.. WOOT!!! gonna get mine done cheap

that is cheap where do you live? and then again its also more expensive if you want to keep the polished lip usually they charge extra for masking of parts

thats why you have it masked off already.. ready for them to spray

hmm in my area i havent found any place cheaper than that you guys are lucky also one reason i choose to paint myself was that if i didnt like the color i could change it also i didnt wanna go through sandblasting the rim taking the tires of the rim that would put my car out of commission for a couple of days but if there was a place that cheap around here im sure i would have done it. other that that i looked at the rims this oring in the sun light and they are CLEAN they turned out good

Back