Pick what color Wil paints the wagon.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matte silver ftw!
5490572430_66d76bd92e.jpg

Matte clear is EXTREMELY hard to spray and have it come out looking perfect. It was a NIGHTMARE to get my Frontier looking right, spraying matte clear is like spraying candy with a blindfold. It has to get laid down JUST right on the first try, and you can't tell if it's going on evenly or not except for by feel and technique. I've seen -in person- shops have to do matte paintjobs 3 or 4 times before delivering it to the customer to have it looking right.

Matte clear, no thanks.

I like the OE silver or that Ferrari silver you linked.

Is this wagon a 540i?

525i, although the motor that came in it originally is irrelevant. Got a big nasty sitting on an engine stand at the shop for it, should put down around 800whp.

For the record I was :yes: ing the blue, not the plastidip. Plastidip is pretty decent for a wheel coating, but I would never condone dipping an entire car. Douchebaggery fo sho.

Yeah, I was going to clarify as well that I was joking about the plasti-dip. I absolutely hate the trend, and was dicksteak trolling more or less.

I know you already said you don't wanna go with a Matte paint and/or clear but I'm still going to suggest a Matte color :p

Matte Bronze FTW!!! At the time I worked on this CLS63, it was the ONLY Matte Bronze CLS63 in the world. Yes, the fucking world! I'm sure by now there are quite a few...

In person and in sunlight, this color is absolutely fucking beautiful.

269036_176352792431884_4096376_n.jpg

My other vote is Designo Mystic White II :D

1010235_525266977540462_1941238887_n.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to suggest matte silver, but someone beat me to it, and your explanation makes sense.

You could always go with some sort of two-color scheme like Audi did with custom paint jobs about 10 years ago. I knew a lot of people with silver/black or black/silver or white/silver schemes.

how about the stock silver with some heavy pearl in it
maybe a blue, or pink if you've got the balls to rock it

my CRX was Horizon Silver (The 1995 Civic color) with 5% mixture of PPG Cerulean blue.

It was a real grown-up color, with deep blue in the highlights. Also easy to mix.

And since my CRX was originally silver, the jambs didn't look bad. I did jambs to the carpet, trunk plastic bits, and left the entire underhood alone.

Back