Picked this up today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Well, I subcumbed to the darkside. I had to the price was too good. Anyway, I need to pick up a bunch of parts...

Manifold
oil sending and return lines
piping
intercooler
Wastegate (going to remove and plug the one on there now)
BOV
Downpipe

I'll be running it with a VAFC, since I am going to try working with what I have. Did I leave anything out of the list other than the little stuff like fittings, and vacuum hose?

s4081a57b61a96.jpg

s4081a59eecd22.jpg

s4081a5c4e57f6.jpg

It's a Garret TB0324

Anyway, if it seems the project is going to extend beyond my budget, I may terminate it, who knows, I maight jus have to change the SC to 92b16Tvx :)

get it rebuilt, and make sure the seals and bearing are good. Looking nice. I'd get hondata, before a vafc.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Apr 18 2004, 12:37 AM
get it rebuilt, and make sure the seals and bearing are good. Looking nice. I'd get hondata, before a vafc.

It's in really good shape as it is, no play, and solid, spins nicely. I already have the VAFC, and there's no where I have found in Germany yet that can tune Hondata, I am so far down on the tuner food chain, that trying to learn tuning that thing by myself isn't really going to happen here.

yea, Id(if I was putting it on my car) get it rebuilt- new seals, shaft balanced, etc... before you install it(you dont really know how many miles are on it, and chances are there are alot).they bead blast it when they rebuild it usually, so it'll look good, and make it easier to spot leaks... there should be alot of shops over there in germany that rebuild turbos, because a lot of cars stock have turbos over there in europe. looks good though.....

Well, I guess I should clarify my mission statement.

This is more a fun project than a serious one. My goal is 200whp, which is only about a 45-50hp increase. I got the turbo real cheap, and am doing an experiment to see if I can reach my goal for around $1000. I will upgrade to a bigger more serious turbo once I get ot the states and can rebuild a motor for boost, or I may say fuck it and build a N/A monster, but for now, I want to play with my B16A here on limited funds and see what I can squeeze out of it.

So far I have priced a decent manifold at around $250 for a HKS...

hks_b_series.jpg

The oil sending/return lines or $90 from www.tunertoys.com

And it looks like intercoolers for me are about $250-300

piping I am expecting is going to be about 100 and another 100-200 for the downpipe, which means that to accomplish my goal, I am going to have to source some of this stuff cheaper, or use the wastegate that's on it, which I am not fond of, and try to get a good hook up on a BOV. I am expecting to actually spend about 1300, but if I can keep it lower I am.

1st gen DSM BOV = dirt cheap and works great for low boost
use the internal gate. there's no need to upgrade for your goal.
that tuner toys oil line kit sucks. get the fast-turbo.com setup. that way you can re-use it later. if you need it, i have the BSPT block fitting at my house im not using (using the sandwhich adapter) that i'll hook you up on, but im pretty sure his kit comes with it.

don't forget, couplings (home depot ones won't cut it), vac lines, fuel pump, injectors, resistor box if going with dsm 450's, and if your xhaust isn't 2 1/2, you're going to want to upgrade that

-B at claytons

Fast-turbo.com is underconstruction right now I guess, it won't come up.

Ok, so no external wastegate, Delta BOV, I can get the injectors from the yard, I think we have a couple DSM's in there. So far the only thing I can't really find is the downpipe. On the compressor side it looks like I am either missing a part, or the thing only comes with a two bolt design, which I haven't found. And I am going to need more info on the resistor pack, since that is foriegn to me.

For the exhaust, I am thining about a cut out, so I can run my Apex, and then just cheesefrog it if I want to open it up on someone.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Looks like it'll be a blast man. Have fun with it! I just can't wait to get mah disco potato.

sweeet, cant you find an intercooler in the junk yards over there? like a dsm?

It's possible, I am going to look into it. There are numberous turbo cars here, but finding them with the parts left in them is tough.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 17 2004, 09:30 PM
It's possible, I am going to look into it. There are numberous turbo cars here, but finding them with the parts left in them is tough.

good luck, maybe you'll find some badass aftermarket ic for 100 bucks. lol maybe not but hopefully.

i wanted to get a cutout for my exhaust. I cant find one thats cable operated, 2.5 inch pipe.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 17 2004, 11:13 PM
i wanted to get a cutout for my exhaust. I cant find one thats cable operated, 2.5 inch pipe.

make your own thread dumbass

Well, you know the Celica in my picture thread? I ran into him today at hte shop, more specifically, I ran into the guy that custom built his manifold, and all routing pipe. He is from Hungary, and is a metal wizard. He says he has neverboosted a Honda, but if I can get him a stock rxhaust manifold, he can custom fab a manifold and all the pipe for my car, AT COST, HAHAHA meaing, I buy the materials, he designs and builds it free of charge, he uses them as models to experiment getting them perfect, and hten produces them. I must say, his work is truely impressive, I didn't have my camera, but think Full-Race quality, stainless, the Celicas set up is sweet as fuck :)

Bad news is he found a minor bit of shaft play, but he says it won't effect it other than burning some oil. Good news is, he said the turbo is perfect size and will be very effecient for my motor, but be capable of more boost than my motor can handle.

Here's the manifold for the Celica....

header3.jpg

website www.c2power.com

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 17 2004, 03:54 PM

I'll be running it with a VAFC, since I am going to try working with what I have. Did I leave anything out of the list other than the little stuff like fittings, and vacuum hose?

missing link or check valves to bleed off boost so the map sensor won't read it, at least until you're able to get hondata and find someone in germany who is able to tune it.

www.synapseengineering.com - missing link

your neighborhood fish aquarium store - check valves

Back