Picked up a MaD tyTe jdm DriFteR the other day...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andrew

Yo fellas. I just picked up a '93 s13 to play around in for $250, and it runs PERFECT. But wait. the story gets better!

The dude told me the trans or clutch is FRIED, so it's just been sitting for 2-3 weeks and the landlord doesnt like it there... so he posted it up for sale in a local forum for $500.
My brother-n-law just wanted the wheels, so he PM'ed the guy asking how much for them, separate. The guy responded by saying, "How about $250 and you get a free car with 'em?", so needless to say we wrote a check that night... and pick it up the next day.

It was a tight fit on the trailor (14'x6'):

DSCN14661.jpg

DSCN14641.jpg

DSCN14691.jpg

DSCN14681.jpg

*story behind the dent*. He was doing a donut around a light pole in a parking lot and the car slipped around and hit the pole...

DSCN14831.jpg

DSCN14841.jpg

DSCN14551.jpg

DSCN14571.jpg

Yippee,, it runs great and the body/interior is in good shape... but I said the story gets better, so I'll continue.

So it's now at my house. We decide to start off by checking all the fluids, starting with the clutch slave cyl... it was empty so we filled it up with some brake fluid I had laying around and started pumping the clutch(it didn't have ANY pressure to begin with).
Progressively, the clutch pedal started building pressure. So much so, that after a good bit of pumping that it started returning to it's normal position on it's own. So my bro puts it in gear and decides to let the clutch out, just to see what happens. It starts driving!!!

Needless to say, we were stoked!
We drove it up the road, laughing the whole time.
We did a quick burn out, laughing the whole time.
I attempted to drift, laughing the whole time(partly because of the car running/driving, but mostly because it was pretty funny to see a RWD CAR newbie try to drift...)

So, in short, I just bought a clean 1993 240sx track car(no title) for $150(bro wants the wheels for 100), and all it needed was some fluid.

:rolleyes::cool::rolleyes:^_^^_^^_^ sry just can't hide it... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
DISCUSS!

back yard boost 'till she blows!

enter into a couple autoX's, see what it does in the 1/4, and experiment about the JDM way to roast tires...sideways...

no need to worry about the dent...thatll buff right out.

Celerity, it was already chained in the back with a wench and a chain, and I just slipped the gold chain up front through the LCA's just for good measure. Those lights are welded in with 2 braces on 'em, so they're not going anywhere...

reikoshea, lol... I'm not that worried about it... my buddy does dents for a living, so if he looks at it and will do it for cheap.. I'll try it.... if not... who cares? *track car* :p

That's an awsome looking S13. Why no title though?

Title has a lean on it(calling tomorrow morning to *try* and find out how much for), so it hasn't been legal for like 5 years.

Klyph... don't worry. I'll be driving my rex daily... the s13 will just be a toy!

didn't know it had a lien on it until the next day. (carfax)
Thats why I'll be calling the DMV about it on a payphone(lol)

I've already started prepping it for the track!
DSCN1735.jpg

DSCN1736.jpg

DSCN1737.jpg

BTW, the latest plans are to blow it up by piecing together a nitrous system and seeing what times we get at the track. if it doesnt blow on the strip, we do a nitrous-filled donut!

Then we've got a built 351w ready for it. *giggity*

yeah, it should be fun!
does anyone have that clip on Streetfire of the 240 w/ a 351 in it? I've been searching all over but can't seem to find it... :(

That motor will take a 100 dry shot ALLLLL day long..... I have read that Ivan took a 250 wet shot to pop the head gasket.

Other than that, let me know when you start putting the bottle in it.

Like the rest of your posts I would imagine you will catalog almost everything so let me know how it goes.

Also I recommend the Cold Fusion kit.

Back