picked up my 1st ef.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

justastockef

just picked up my first civic (bought a 99 accord for 450.00 in jan08, sold it in march for 3500) now i got a STOCK hatch to run around in and save money on gas. 1990 ef 1.5 STD 4spd hatch

i paid 300 for it on dec 19th and brought it home on dec 20th.... didn't run, broken windshield, no passenger door glass, mildewed interior, bad ecu., no pgfi cover on air charge box..etc

so far i have :
replaced windshield 170.00 installed
replaced passenger door glass 20.00
replaced fuel filter FREE (THANKS AUTOZONE REWARDS!!! LOL)
replaced fuel filter FREE (thanks to neighbor who had a very new looking one from a scrapped crx laying around.... just have to adapt the fuel feed line from banjo fitting to tubing, shouldn't be that hard....at least the assembly is clean and bolts into the stock tank
bought used battery 35.00
bought used ecu 50.00

stripped the interior out (front seats, rear seat bottom, carpet, rear spare tire cover, carpet...OMFG at the ants in there!!!!! so i bought a new shop vac for 45.00

noticed alot of surface rust on the floor pan so i bought a gallon of OSPHO rust killer for 23.00

first night i got it home, i installed the new battery and NOTHING WHATSOEVER!!!!!
so then i spent 3 hours tracing wiring and testing the main relay harness, main relay itself, and starter relay..... only to find out that the actual clutch switch wasn't being depressed by the clutch pedal..... so i cut the wiring from the switch and connected themn together: turn key and engine spins over.....PROGRESS!!!!!

took a few days off and went on vacation for christmas to visit my parents. Jan 1st is my 31st bday, so i will be working on my fuel pump swap/fuel tank cleaning after the FSU/WVU game is over.

hoping to get the beast running and driving by the beginning of this coming week.

was at the junkyard earlier today and noticed a few things i will probably do to the car pretty soon:

rear disc brake conversion (crx or integra parts swap in directly from what i have heard)

dpfi to mpfi conversion (not gonna turbo it or anything just make a clean STOCK looking daily driver/beater, as i am building a fullshow and go 1990 mazda std cab truck with a cadillac v8 drivetrain, and a few other projects, just mainly need the civic for gas savings as i would be driving my 99 4wd suburban optherwise!)

i'll take some pics of the car and show you all the progress. i just think its cool that there are ppl still talking about the 88-91 civic/crx!!!!!

sry... figured someone would want to know what was done, rather than being a post whore...... i threw it all out in the first post.....

not real big on cliff notes.. they tend to leave out the dull parts and only give the good parts!

pics will be posted later on today

eh not its all good..it was late.i was tires and it looked like a mess..good job on all the work..

i bet you it turns into a full project. he's gonna start and never stop! lmao

PICS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry in advance if they are hard to view on dialup!!!)

IMG00205.jpg

IMG00206.jpg

IMG00207.jpg

IMG00208.jpg

IMG00209.jpg

the car sat in mud/grass under a tree for 5 years... i have had it since dec 20th and haven't washed it yet... i am really suprised it looks so clean considering everything.... i'll post a pic or two of the original interior (before i cleaned it and after) to show the swad sad shape it was in!

Back