picked up my 1st ef.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i can imagine the interior though... look at the steering wheel! is it faded to hell or just dirty?

i can imagine the interior though... look at the steering wheel! is it faded to hell or just dirty?

Little bit of both gets my vote.

Nice shell indeed. :cool:

i'll post before cleaning/ after cleaning on the seat... i'm replacing them anyways but i still wanted to see if cleaning would help... yes thats pretty much just mildew and dirt on the steering wheel.

yeah once i find some decent seats and a headliner i'll recarpet it and start driving it....

its crazy to see hatches are still out there in this kind of shape. i'm afraid to ever get rid of my hatch for fear that i'd never find another rust free one in the future :-|

well this one was complete and pretty much straight.... just gotta finish the engine/tranny swap in my wifes 98 accord and i can get back to working on my lil civic beater dd.

OMG it sat in mud/grass for 5 years? It has to be rusted to shit underneath.

just the exhaust/muffler was rusted thru.... its pretty decent underneath. i'll get some pics once it warms up and show ya'll

I have a good passenger seat from an HF. I have all kinds of misc plastic. I believe I have an Si engine harness. I have all kinds of civic crx stuff. starter, alternator. cylinder head in great shape, bumper lights etc. pm me if you cant find what you need and I may have it.

I just did a shell build from a dx. dpfi to mpfi with a d16a6. then two weeks later decided to B18a1 my crx. good luck on your build.

I have a good passenger seat from an HF. I have all kinds of misc plastic. I believe I have an Si engine harness. I have all kinds of civic crx stuff. starter, alternator. cylinder head in great shape, bumper lights etc. pm me if you cant find what you need and I may have it.

I just did a shell build from a dx. dpfi to mpfi with a d16a6. then two weeks later decided to B18a1 my crx. good luck on your build.

im not into engine swaps or anything like that....at least with the honda (im building a mazda full show vehicle with a 6.0 ls v8 in it. i'm just trying to find some stock parts so i can make it a decent and reliable daily.

although i do need a few parts....

im not into engine swaps or anything like that....at least with the honda (im building a mazda full show vehicle with a 6.0 ls v8 in it. i'm just trying to find some stock parts so i can make it a decent and reliable daily.

although i do need a few parts....

we could defiantly trade shells... :D

ok ill trade you my whole car for the shell... lol

my car is converted to mpfi and has a d16a6 block with a z6 vtec head. it also has rear si seats and front 93 prelude seats.

appreciate the offer.... but i'm good.... i have been thinking about the dpfi to mpfi swap as well as upgrading the rear drums to discs. but as for right now i am just gonna make it a stock daily. i have 3 other projects i'm sinking money into right now. with me keeping the civic bone stock... it is saving me money.

true defiantly if anything do the dpfi to mpfi. still GREAT on gas and more power for passing/going uphill...

well i got this beast running finally.
swapped the fuel pump, cleaned the tank out , replaced the dizzy cap, rotor, and plugs. i also cleaned the injectors out and it runs like a top after sitting for close to 6 years. only thing is to clean my iac valve to fix the surging idle once it is warm.
after spending all day yesterday getting it running i found out (once it warmed up) that the upper plastic of my radiator is cracked. i should have a new radiator today (hopefully)
over the course of the past 2 months i have bought new black carpet, got a clean clean pair of integra seats for 20.00 for both, and did the seat pan swap.
now i just gotta find integra rear seats (top and bottom) so i can have a complete interior.

got the rear seat bottom, lower center console shroud with astray and cig lighter yesterday. i smoothed them out and painted them. i went cheap and used the duplicolor "ready to spray" paint in the qt container.
it looked decent. i'm going to change the whole interior to black since the seats are dk grey and the carpet i installed is black as well.
got a new set of tires and an oem style muffler installed also.
i'm riding out.... haven't figured up a total build tally yet but i'm between 1100-1300 total which includes the price of the car.
there are some people selling non running ef hatches for that much. i feel i was lucky in finding mine!
i'll post up some pics of the radio bezel later tonight.

jeremy

yes they are... lil bastard keeps going and going... just gotta figure out how many miles i can go before i run out of gas (my fuel gauge sending unit is shot and my local honda dealership says i can't order one thru them... that i have to go aftermarket!

Back