pics/illustration request: 4wd dc teg or eg/ek civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dont forget the dc came that way also
ya sure did! the coupe civic and coupe integra came in 4wd as very limited numbers the JDM code for the civic is EK3 (coupe) and im not sure about the dc but im sure it was a Rti or something along that lines was put on both coupes 4wd. The reason for this is at one time the awd cars were popular so nearly all models in japan that we see in the US were offerd in AWD.. Our Scion xb and xa, Camrys, Civics, Integras, accords (very limited usually wagon) Odessys. The orthia is a wagon based off the civic 6th gen it was offered in awd also.. mostly wagons and sedans were AWD but there were a few Coupes i remember seeing a b18b integra that was the 4wd on a forum somewhere ill try to locate it . From time to time they have the 4wd civcs on Japanpartner. if you havent heard of that its a site that exports JDM and all other cars all around the world.. at VERY VERY good prices. if you have extra money and can get an RTI Ferio over here.. that would be your best bet.. alot of them exported from japan to russia as grey market imports.. that makes up most of the cars found on the roads in russia today even tho Russia drives on the same side of the road as us... most of there cars are RHD because most of them come from japan or asia. And The AWD orthias and RTI civics are very popular there due to there Horrible roads and heavy snow fall in the winter. and the summer and rany season some of there roads are dirt so we all know what happens when dirt gets wet for long periods. you need an awd car to get through that.
EDIT ( did some reasearch and it was the Hatch that came in AWD ( civic) not sure about the coupe ill do some more reasearch0

Last edited:
I asked some freinds from New Zealand that get alot of grey market imports. Orthias mainly but alot of integras and civic hatches.. over there the civic coupe is very very rare so they liked mine haha. made me feel good.. NE ways.. I know they have Rti civics ive seen one on the forum. I also saw one here
YouTube - 4wd civic burnout
thats an RTi eg sedan.. dont ask why it looks like shit .. BUT lol

riseagain- great info :thumbsup:

do you happen to know exactly what model the underside pic with the smashed spare tire well came from?

There were no factory AWD EG/EK/DCs.
Sorry to disappoint but there is one teg based vehicle that was AWD.. cant remember where i saw it on here, but its a four door so you would have to mod the driveshaft.

EDIT: also i believe it was in india or bangladesh or some shit like that

I asked some freinds from New Zealand that get alot of grey market imports. Orthias mainly but alot of integras and civic hatches.. over there the civic coupe is very very rare so they liked mine haha. made me feel good.. NE ways.. I know they have Rti civics ive seen one on the forum. I also saw one here
YouTube - 4wd civic burnout
thats an RTi eg sedan.. dont ask why it looks like shit .. BUT lol

I bet his mom got PISSED when she saw the yard

pretty sure there were i few different teg models, one i think was called the xsi or zxi or something...
this page mentions the Xi-4wd http://world.honda.com/news/1998/printerfriendly/4980129.html

accord/torneo 3rd bullet down Honda Worldwide | World News | News Release | January 21, 1999

both are mentioned again here, along with a few specs Honda Worldwide | September 4, 1997 "Honda Launches the 6th Generation Accord Series.<"
- makes me wonder what 2.0L engine these came with, did they stick a B20 in them to be able to use the crv driveline? or did they actually make a specific trans for the F20B?

Domani was also available with a 4wd option (16G 4wd)

i like the bottom photo on this page Honda Worldwide | Tokyo 2001

is it just me or does the stream look like an elongated version of the fit??? look at the lil triangle window by the front door, see it? it looks like the same thing...

there are many awd hondas in japan the Rt-si came factory awd and it was a civic they also were in integras the real time awd was popular in japan but never made it over here.
This is as you are familiar with is a normal fwd civic rear suspension(97)
DSC02727.jpg

this is an Rti civic rear crosmember, suspension (95)
Camera801.jpg

Camera802.jpg

Camera804.jpg

Camera805.jpg

I have some freinds on a New Zealand honda site that get alot of Rti civics and 4wd Orthias that are taking pictures of the rear dif and crossmember just because im curious of what work would be involved. im still waiting on pics of a 6th gen civic rti my guess is it will pe similar to the Orthia which i posted long time ago.

Last edited:
Civic Coupe Awd conversion
1228910395.jpg

img90721mp3.jpg

img90781hr2.jpg

img90061yv9.jpg

img90721mp3.jpg

1228910340.jpg

img96421ul4.jpg

img93391ot7.jpg

img96461kb3.jpg

TO all say its impossible or stupid... in your face!! lol

Last edited:
riseagain- great info :thumbsup:

do you happen to know exactly what model the underside pic with the smashed spare tire well came from?

Yes that one came from the Honda Orthia Wagon the 2.0 GX They came in either 2wd or 4wd they had the same subframe as the 6th gen civic and the trailing arms could be used for a 4wd civic project with out having to lengthen or shorten them

Where's the gas tank on the coupe?? The rear dif case takes up that space in your pictures compared to my USDM EJ8

TO all say its impossible or stupid... in your face!! lol

The only reason its stupid is because of what you end up with. You could get a nice fiting setup with an AWD Civic swap, but in the end you pay a lot for an inferior setup. Or you could with a homemade setup and not spend much, but then you wind up with a poor fitting setup that still doesn't perform well. Its just not worth it in the end.

ugh. I can guarantee that 99.7% of the people who talk shit about these kinds of builds have never driven or even ridden in one, or even seen one in person. so to say that it ends up being an inferior setup for whatever reason is ignorant

ugh. I can guarantee that 99.7% of the people who talk shit about these kinds of builds have never driven or even ridden in one, or even seen one in person. so to say that it ends up being an inferior setup for whatever reason is ignorant

Your 100% correct, I have never driven, been in, or seen one in person. But, I dont need to see one in person to know that the diff placement on that last one is shit. I dont need to drive one to know that the Honda AWD setups favor the front wheels. I dont need to ride in one to know that a used stock AWD car will still out perform an AWD swapped Honda.

Back