Pics Of Both Our Cars @ The Beach Today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by gupta_p@Feb 2 2003, 08:37 PM
BTW, is that in North Carolina? Just wondering. It looks like.. NC? Lol, if I'm wrong, i'll stop listening to my psychic inner voice. (psychotic mebbe?)

aw man that place looks like nc to me too.

I just noticed there is no S2000/NSX forum, like the Civic/Crx/Integra....Ryan's car is so nice, it deserves it's own...I'm with Chet on the wheels, but the spolier is the shit!

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 3 2003, 06:25 PM
yea the spoiler (not wing) is funtional, it is a RWD car.

eh? To a lot of people the spoiler sits on the back of the car and a wing is in the air. His s2k has a Mugen wing that is functional.

i don't believe the wing is going to add that much downforce. i realize its functional, but it kills the "clean" look and with the wheels it doesn't look subtle to me. yes, its an s2000, but darker spoon, volks, or some jdm wheel without as much "bling" would give the car a badass look.

but i also like 14's and 15's on civics, as it fits the overall dimensions of the car better. honda designs our cars with wheels that fit its structure and overall vehicle weight. yes, its advantageous to go with a "plus" size wheel but 18's and 19's are overkill on any vehicle, including the s2000. mainly because you're increasing the rotational mass by placing the wheel's edge further away from the center, which hurts acceleration and performance.

i believe there is a compromise, and possibly 17's on an s2000, in certain cases, but those 17's had better be ultra lightweight so you're not sacrificing handling and acceleration in the process...and i say this after seeing many s2000's dominate at auto'x's around here. nobody goes with bigger wheels, just fatter tires that have a better sidewall and tread rating that allows for better traction.

I have always thought the a spoiler was a funtional areodynamic tool and a wing was fast n ferious generation. I would consider his a spoiler because it is more for funtion than for looks

Originally posted by chet@Feb 3 2003, 06:41 PM
i don't believe the wing is going to add that much downforce. i realize its functional, but it kills the "clean" look and with the wheels it doesn't look subtle to me. yes, its an s2000, but darker spoon, volks, or some jdm wheel without as much "bling" would give the car a badass look.

but i also like 14's and 15's on civics, as it fits the overall dimensions of the car better. honda designs our cars with wheels that fit its structure and overall vehicle weight. yes, its advantageous to go with a "plus" size wheel but 18's and 19's are overkill on any vehicle, including the s2000. mainly because you're increasing the rotational mass by placing the wheel's edge further away from the center, which hurts acceleration and performance.

i believe there is a compromise, and possibly 17's on an s2000, in certain cases, but those 17's had better be ultra lightweight so you're not sacrificing handling and acceleration in the process...and i say this after seeing many s2000's dominate at auto'x's around here. nobody goes with bigger wheels, just fatter tires that have a better sidewall and tread rating that allows for better traction.

It's supposed to work hand-in-hand with the Mugen hardtop (which I'll add sometime next year), and the numbers are there as to its performance. Will I see a big benefit from it? Probably not. I'm not a huge fan of the wing, but it was one of the better fitting ones out there (and the only non-OEM wing that used the OEM holes, thereby doing no irreversible damage to the trunk). Not sure if this picture looks any better, but when pacing around the car in person, you can see that the wing is made to fit the car and that it flows right along with the factory lines.

side-clean.jpg

It also makes a great surface to sit coffee cups on when working on the car.

I totally agree with 15s on civics... 18s do have too much "bling" ...

For auto-x, I totally agree - I'd use a set of 17" Mugen MF-10s or a comparable wheel. The brake upgrade keeps me from going any smaller than a 17" wheel (but it shaves a pretty decent amount of unsprung weight off by switching to the forged aluminum calipers).

Ryan

i can't believe ryan get's shit for his car. it's is hands-down by far the best car that anybody on the board owns.

yeah no shit, the thing i love about both cars is how exceptionally clean they are. and i don't mean "clean" like not dirty, i mean "clean" like "thas how it's suppos' a look".

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 3 2003, 07:30 PM
i can't believe ryan get's shit for his car. it's is hands-down by far the best car that anybody on the board owns.

He's not giving me shit, though - I totally see where he's coming from and respect his opinion (plus he races auto-x - that's instant props from a jealous bastard like me who's nowhere near anything resembling a course!). He's got some great points, but at the same time I've got reasons for doing things the way I've done them. It's tough walking that line between "show" and "go" - one slip and your balls get hammered against the balance beam! :)

Ryan

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 3 2003, 07:30 PM

Yes it is one of the best cars on this site and 99% of us would give our right nut for this car and those who dont have nuts, they will donate a boob for it.

Both the cars are nice man. Madd props. It's hard to suit a respectible wing w/ a convertible S2K, but you did it well. Some Integra Type R headlights would look hot.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Feb 3 2003, 06:20 PM
Some Integra Type R headlights would look hot.

i hope you're talking about the rsx and not the s2k :p

Originally posted by RFHOMI2U@Feb 3 2003, 09:52 PM
naw, no teg lights. that would look gay. it would look too much like a sol.

I think he's talking about the DC5 Integra Type-R HID lights... looks reallt close to what we've got, yout with HIDs.

Ryan

Originally posted by RyanS2K@Feb 3 2003, 08:57 PM
It's tough walking that line between "show" and "go" - one slip and your balls get hammered against the balance beam! :)

Ryan

i like the way you worded that.. couldnt have said it better myself. :D

Back