Pics of Hocus Pocus race car and Jeff (IB) tuning

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
I thought some of you might like to see Jeff from ImportBuilders in action. These pictures were taken on Monday at Turbochargers.com, where Jeff was tuning Hocus Pocus' race car. Methanol is really fun to play with. He spent an hour on my car too, but I didn't take pictures of it. Oh well. I was too busy watching him play with the Hondata.

By the way, meeting Jeff was pretty cool. I'm glad to have his parts in my engine, and glad to have him here on HondaSwap. He's solid, and his parts work!

:thumbsup:

For those of you that are in the Houston area, let me tell you that the guys at Hocus Pocus are absolutely wonderful. They treated me very well all day, were nice enough to let me use some of their dyno time, and really seemed to have their stuff together. If any of you want to get in touch with Hocus Pocus, they're located on the Beltway just south of 290 (or W Little York), and their web site is here: http://www.hocuspocusracing.com

:)

Picture notes: Hocus Pocus' CRX is using IB Spec pistons and running methanol injected straight through the ends of the ITBs. There's more, but I'm sure they don't want their setup spewed all over the internet. Jeff is the guy in the driver's seat with the laptop. The white stuff in the pan is oil- that's what it looks like after about 5 passes on methanol. The last two pictures are shots of the Turbochargers.com warehouse... tons and tons and tons of HUGE turbochargers. Oh yeah- my hands are almost 9 inches from tip to tip- that gives you an idea of how big that turbo housing is.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The methanol blows through the rings and contaminates the oil.

I wonder how long I could get away with running that header here?

Im just waiting till the day comes when i call on this guy. I super duperhappy he's gonna be here in L.A. Im gonna have to go ring his ear for a few hours each day.

Jeffs a pimp :thumbsup:

Who is Chip pissed off!

I am 33 years old. I just don't look it because everytime I go out into the sun, I wear sunblock with a hat.

I look young. Sound young too.

Oh well.

Jeff

thanks buddy. I hope I am able to help you out.

Call up HalliBurton again man, get that job back!

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Jun 23 2004, 09:37 PM
thanks buddy. I hope I am able to help you out.

Call up HalliBurton again man, get that job back!

Jeff

No way! I'm not working for them again... but I'll definitely have another decent job soon. Not living in limbo feels so good- not knowing whether or not you're getting in to grad school, not knowing what city you're going to live in- that all just sucks big time. I feel better these days, and soon I'll have some money rolling in.

:)

chip = number9

hes about 50 though... but he looks just like you. haha

Back