Pics Of My Boost Project!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what kind of manifold is that and does the company make one to fit a b18b??

How does that work and does it work better than the internal. Also if you turbo comes with an internal how do you get rid of it to add the external.

Internal wastegates recirculate unused exhaust gasses around the turbine and back into the exhaust.
-quieter
-emissions friendly

External wastegates just vent the excess gases into the atmosphere via a dump tube.
-better design due to the fact that they're purpose built
-bigger
-louder
-not emissions legal because they put uncatalyzed exhaust into the air

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Originally posted by tdehnel@Apr 7 2003, 03:44 PM
Internal wastegates recirculate unused exhaust gasses around the turbine and back into the exhaust.
-quieter
-emissions friendly

External wastegates just vent the excess gases into the atmosphere via a dump tube.
-better design due to the fact that they're purpose built
-bigger
-louder
-not emissions legal because they put uncatalyzed exhaust into the air

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

You sir are correct.

Yes, external wastegates are better performance wise because they have larger, well designed openings that allow exhaust to get out of there quickly. But, they're not street legal.

Originally posted by tdehnel@Apr 7 2003, 07:18 PM
. But, they're not street legal.

there not???? :p J/k.Hope no the po po dont sweat me on that.Seeing that it dumps right out the front bumper.i cut a holr in it and trimed it out with a stainless steel ring.Ill take some pics and post them.

lol

a bov saves your turbo from compressor surge

a wastegate regulates turbocharger speed, which regulates boost

compressor surge- when pressurized air bounces off the throttle butterfly when the throttle is closed, making its way back into the compressor housing, wearing the turbo bearings ( it fucks the turbo up :) )

So, when you hear the "psssst" from the car, is that the BOV or the wastegate? Do you normally have both of these on a car? Cause I've heard of venting both to atmosphere, so what's the low-down? Thanks!

ive never bin more wet untill i heard my friends talon's bov.....only way to describe is next time you add air to your tires, turn the pressure all the way up on the compressor and quickly disconnect the hose, he ran a lot of boost and you could easily hear the bov a few bus lengths a head :worthy:

s3ea87cb95a567.jpg

I swear you fucking idiots reproduce daily.

Originally posted by 91CIVICZC@Apr 30 2003, 09:53 PM
THIS CAR IS WEAK!! YOU WILL BE LUCKY TO RUN 6psi BEFORE YOU FRY THE PISTON RINGS. :fuckyou2:

Hey n00b.....
nicecup.jpg

Sweet pics man, thatl be pretty fast. This guy i know ran a 12.7 sat at the races with his F/I Type R.

where the fuck are all these fucktard nooBs coming from??? my god, they are like some kinda virus...That is a sweet set up man...how much boost are you planning on running? update us once you got the car running...

Back