Pics of my car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Mar 7 2004, 10:40 PM
I've heard that so many times, man, hahaha. And the kid from "A Christmas Stroy." Drew Carey, too.

Wow, all in one, what a deal!!

wow.. so whats it run 1/4 wise? what size are the ADR's? when i had my stock tires in my 5th gen hatch after the swap i couldnt hook up for shit!! now im rollin with some 205/40 17 Falkens centered by 5Zigen Fighters (charcoal color) which hook up alright. barked 'em shiftin into 4th at the track last summer in kent,wa. anyway your car looks clean mang. :D

you have the jdm gsr tranny too?

I ran 14.114 @ 98mph on a set of 225/50/15BFG drag radials @ Pac Raceways in Kent. On a 102 degree day last summer. Full interior, too. And yeah, I have the JDM Y80 with limited slip. My ADR's are 15 inch type 25's. Kinda look like slips without the GayDR center caps on.

Not so much lucky as just frugal. I built this car from the money i've saved throughout my life, really. I got the swap from Hmotors. 3800 and some change after shipping.

not a bad price. have you heard of u-fix-it honda/acura? they're local, got a place in marysville and tacoma. thats where i got my swap from for $3k but they fucked me on the tranny. gave me a damn LS... oh well, i hear its better for boosted cars. <_<
i hope thats true cause my cars gonna be making the whooshing sound by summer. hopefully sooner. :D

Yeah, those guys are fags. They wanted 45 bucks just for the little bracket that bolts onto the firewall and holds the throttle cable in place on a GSR. I got it from Acura of Fife for 14.57 incl tax.

haha, nice

so what was your sixty footer on that run?

the thing with U-Fix-It is if you don't know anybody there they gonna fuck you up, they had a B18c1 for sale and they wanted like 4,700$ for that biach, and they hella expensive, I knew a guy in Tacoma who worked there he offered me stuff hella cheap, he offered me a DC header with piping and some Tokiko shoks for my prelude for like 250, and a cold air intake too,

but otherwise they suck, and I don't go there,

and HellBentHonda I don't think your LS tranny will be better then a S80 tranny, no way,

may be a ITR tranny is not that good for a turbo but a GSR one is just perfect, I would like a LSD too, :)

hey thanks. i've been hot tempered for a year now over u-fix-it's fucking me. i was feeling better that my soon-to-be boosted b18c1 is connected to the shitty LS tranny until your post. think ill go hang myself! :p

$4700 for a b18c1?!? they told me in late '02 they had a b18c5 with tranny for i think about that much. cock suckers prolly did the same thing they did to me tho-unbolt the good tranny, bolt up an LS or like and sell the good one separate so they make more money. of course a TypeR tranny is easier to identify.
my tranny had a Y80 sticker on it so i had no idea i got ripped off 'til i went to the track. :(

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 9 2004, 08:39 PM
haha, nice

so what was your sixty footer on that run?

It was a 2.1. I think if I could have practiced launching with those tires a little more I could have broken under 2 seconds, but the track was crowded as shit that day and I only got two runs, the other was a 14.202 @ 98 with a 2.2 60 ft. I'm happy with my time. Drag racing's not really my thing though. i really want to get into road racing.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A
they had a B18c1 for sale and they wanted like 4,700$ for that biach

Jeeze, Hmotorsonline.com sells B18C1's, WITH an LSD for $3200. That's where I'll be going. :)

Back