Pics of my completed Pike's Peak racebike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So what's up with the clutch?

Huh? Clutch works great...lol

It's a beautiful bike - I would guess it hauls ass and handles like a dream.

It hauls ass when it runs, heh...I think I've got most of the issues sorted out. I blew the motor on the dyno a few months back, and now that I've got the engine rebuilt it's been running a lot better. Had a fuel mix-up at a race last weekend and did some minor damage, but nothing too bad.

Drove the road last week. Make sure you're well hydrated before you do it, and acclimated to the altitude. I felt nearly drunk by the summit. Up was fun as hell. Down was awful.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I'm going to react to the altitude...that's something that I've never been exposed to before. I go up in 2 weeks for the open testing weekend, I'm one of only 30 bikes that registered in time to be allowed into the testing weekend...should be interesting

No! Lol...I'm running the same map that I made the big power #'s with right before it came apart...before we put the wrong gas in it, it was running like a champ!

After talking with a couplea other Aprilia guys, it seems that these things don't take well to being beaten on the dyno, haha...I don't think I'll be ding any more dyno tuning anytime soon :p

No! Lol...I'm running the same map that I made the big power #'s with right before it came apart...before we put the wrong gas in it, it was running like a champ!

After talking with a couplea other Aprilia guys, it seems that these things don't take well to being beaten on the dyno, haha...I don't think I'll be ding any more dyno tuning anytime soon :p
So it's electronically controlled and handles altitude changes well?

Yeah, I'm not sure how I'm going to react to the altitude...that's something that I've never been exposed to before. I go up in 2 weeks for the open testing weekend, I'm one of only 30 bikes that registered in time to be allowed into the testing weekend...should be interesting

Don't run anyone over :ph34r: the scenery is absolutely stunning. You can see the whole world. And don't let them fool you. There is a section that's still dirt. Its about 10 feet long and right after the entrance booth, you probably won't be starting before it lol.

It made 52hp/67tq about 5 minutes before the motor grenaded. I'm not going to re-dyno it, but it should currently be making that or slightly more. Not too bad for a 450.

That's pretty awesome, not far off of what my SV is making HP wise. Probably at least 10 more tq than me. I didn't realize those things were so torquy :thumbsup: it'll be an insanely fun ride to the top!

So how's the bike doin?

Bike performed flawlessly during the open testing weekend on the 9th-10th, ran GREAT all the way up to the top of the mountain...I THINK that I've finally got all the kinks out (knock on wood)...

We're leaving Texas next Friday to head up for race week...fingers crossed!

well-w-bucket.jpg

Race got postponed due to the wildfires, 'Race Week' is next week and the race is next Sunday, the 12th. I'm loading up and heading to Colorado this Friday.

w00t! Stay tuned for updates!

Back