Pics of My EG on PIC Coilovers NOT 56K Safe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

although i wish the 2/3 door bumper would fit it though. they look alot better in my opinion with fog lights, or even just the option cut outs

I wouldn't mind that, but then it wouldn't be as unique. I like knowing that everyone else has a coupe or hatch, I'm fairly original.

i get what you're saying about unique, i have a 94 purple coupe. i think hatch's have become overrated. especially with everyone having white hatch's with bronze wheels trying to be jdm

newpics049-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd rock it, but it needs a good wash and wax first.

Oh and did you notice my tan gsr leather seats :D

i get what you're saying about unique, i have a 94 purple coupe. i think hatch's have become overrated. especially with everyone having white hatch's with bronze wheels trying to be jdm

Some people actually race; the hatches are usually lighter than the coupes or sedans.

hah well it's getting a fresh coat of paint. i work at a body shop so im gunna do it within the next couple months. i'm thinking about getting newer celica gt seats. they kinda look like the ep civic seats. i think that's the model they are. idk whatever they are they're sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevennn09

Some people actually race; the hatches are usually lighter than the coupes or sedans.

yes but there are also those who do it for looks. although theres nothing wrong with that, it's not very original.

My sedan isn't too much heavier than a hatch, like 100-150ish lbs. If I really wanted it to be light I would have stripped the interior, and not put a sub in the back of my car. I like having four doors though, it's makes getting five people in the car a lot easier.

My sedan isn't too much heavier than a hatch, like 100-150ish lbs. If I really wanted it to be light I would have stripped the interior, and not put a sub in the back of my car. I like having four doors though, it's makes getting five people in the car a lot easier.

I agree that having a 4-door is more convenient; but myself I prefer hatchbacks because there's more head-space for passengers in the back(I'm looking at 5-door's right now; mainly the Nissan Versa :) )
When stripped, the hatches can get much lighter than the coupe/sedans due to less reinforcement. 150lbs(which is about how much I weigh btw) can make a real difference; especially if your car only puts down 100whp.

Thing is; we're comparing two different things right here: a DD or even a show car vs. a "race" car. I DD my Civic but it's definitely not for convenience or carrying passengers; it weighs in at about 1900lbs(maybe even less) but gets excellent gas mileage and can beat some B16 and B18 cars

Last edited:
i'm not gunna start a thread asking that. and the question was meant for the person who started the thread. not people that feel like putting input in. sorry if i made it sound otherwise.

ok well. let me refrase myself. " getting new wheels, bronze or flat black, what's your opinion.
my bad though if it seemed like that. normally i just read tech articles i never get involved in convos'

Don't worry eg6sir, I don't mind if people threadjack me ;)

What color did you say you were going to paint the car again? I think you should stick with the purple and go with bronze rims :)

it's just getting a fresh coat of purple. i've got a small dent on the quarter and some clear fading to fix so im just gunna spray the whole thing.

Anybody have any ideas for appearance? I'm thinking maybe a lip, I like the way some fog light setups look, maybe some thin side moulding, possibly some tint. I am going to repaint the webs black because whoever painted them before me did a crappy job, I'm thinking I might just get them powdercoated black, not sure yet.

Back