Pics of my exhaust I finished today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here's some pics of the exhaust I got done brazing today. I prefer welding. Brazing is a PITA. Anyway, I couldn't find anyone to bend 1/2" pipe, and the closest I could come was conduit, but the radius bends the conduit benders have is about 5". Way too big. So, I decided to just go with some brass water pipe and call it a day.

Notice the Type R red valve cover... ;)
DSCN0737.JPG

DSCN0738.JPG

Idle...
DSCN0740.JPG

Not quite WOT... The tach only reads 9999 RPM, and there's about another 1000 RPM or so go to, so she spins upwards of 11,000 RPM. Not bad for a two valve pushrod engine, huh? ;)
DSCN0741.JPG

Honda uses them in tillers, line trimmers, and water pumps. I'm using for something a little cooler. The way the exhaust points may be an indication. As for what it sounds like... I'll have it with me when I come down to the Dorito eventur, so if you want to hear it, let me know.

DSCN0740.JPG

:blink: ever heard of finger-nail clippers...or clean them up...Gawd...and I thought I was bad :blink: :ph34r: :eek:

You should see my coke nail...

Besides, that's not long. it's still behind my finger skin. Nails are handy sometimes. And they're dirty because I just got done swapping struts and doing the exhaust. Hey, princess, how clean do your hands stay when you work on a car? :p

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 25 2004, 12:18 PM
Honda uses them in tillers, line trimmers, and water pumps. I'm using for something a little cooler. The way the exhaust points may be an indication.

<-- pondering what loco is up to... :hmm:

that roxxors...

I know it's not chopped, but the exhaust pipe in that first picture looks like a photoshop for some reason.

Looks cool Loco.

I'm gonna guess he is buildin a mini chopper. maybe. exhaust looks like a tiny motorcycle pipe :shrug2: oh and will the brass be able to handle the hot exhaust temps?

i have a feeling that this relates to the "Im an effing genius" thread a while back.

Yeah, that brass is pretty thin walled. It looks more like copper tubing.

Braizing sucks on brass too.

I'm really surprised that no one could bend it for you. A conduit bender would have worked just fine for something that small. Hell, you could have heated it with your welding torch and slowly bent it in that radius.

Oh well. Looks good Loco. B)

Be careful with that beast. A weak point on those motors is the intake. Plastic piece of shit. One good jar to the breather will snap that plastic intake.(black piece)

ya know, the mini chopper thing does sound like a pretty reasonable idea- but for some reason i would think loco would want a lot more horsepower for something like that :shrug2:

lol... this is great. I love the speculation. It shall be revealed at my meet in the end of May. :)

The exhaust stands up to the head. I've run the thing at between 7000 and 8000 RPM for 15 minutes, and the pipe isn't affected. And it's not brass. It's copper. I couldn't bend it with a conduit bender, because those things have a ~5" radius bend, and I needed much tigher bends. I just said eff it. When I come up with a better way to make an exhaust, I'll do that. :) It sounds VERY snarly and ballsy the way it is. I ran it at night and it shot flame. Muahahahaha...

As for more HP, it will have it. I'm almost done making the bracket for the supercharger, but still haven't really figured out how the pumper carb will work with boost. I have a few speculations, but won't know 'till I actually try it... :D

Back