pics of my friends new sti wing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honestly, if it's tasteful, and it makes "some" sense, I see nothing wrong with it. I mean, the guy I know with all the STI goodies buys them because most, as with the lights, muffler, water sprayer, scoop, and intercooler simply work better than the OE peices. Additionally, most parts were sourced through our own circle of friends from a guy who had an STI with a front-mount and an aftermarket exhaust. Sure, it'd kinda ricy to put an STI wing on a non-STI, but who cares? As long as you don't brag about it, and it looks good - get on with it.

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 20 2005, 11:13 AM
Honestly, if it's tasteful, and it makes "some" sense, I see nothing wrong with it. I mean, the guy I know with all the STI goodies buys them because most, as with the lights, muffler, water sprayer, scoop, and intercooler simply work better than the OE peices. Additionally, most parts were sourced through our own circle of friends from a guy who had an STI with a front-mount and an aftermarket exhaust. Sure, it'd kinda ricy to put an STI wing on a non-STI, but who cares? As long as you don't brag about it, and it looks good - get on with it.
[post=557150]Quoted post[/post]​

That's a very good point. Some of the STi items are just bling (wing, axleback, etc), but there are many functional STi items that can be installed onto a WRX that do wonders for performance. And not just engine bits: brakes and suspension from an STi are a very good thing. :)

And to this phoenix guy above: What's wrong with WRX's? Why do you hate them? Seen their taillights one too many times? :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 20 2005, 07:21 PM
And to this phoenix guy above: What's wrong with WRX's? Why do you hate them? Seen their taillights one too many times?

haha :werd:

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Sep 20 2005, 12:42 PM-->
Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 20 2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 20 2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 20 2005, 12:00 PM
EGProject
@Sep 20 2005, 09:47 AM
Is that a Ver. 7 wing, or a Ver. 8. If it's an 8, god help you. If it's a 7, - then nice work. One of the guys I hang out with has a black 04' WRX with a Version 7 wing, STI scoop, STI headlights, STI muffler, STI watersprayer, STI intercooler, and an STI shifter. We all make fun of him, as he could have bought a real-deal STI for the money he has put into his 'Rex.
[post=557037]Quoted post[/post]​

This is basically the equivilent of slapping a bunch of :typer: stickers on your honda.

If you couldnt afford the STI then live with your decision.
[post=557098]Quoted post[/post]​

why does it always have to do with money?

what if you really do have a type-r motor though?

is it just as bad that im putting a lancer badge on my mirage? or when i swap in the 2.0L, putting the 16valve DOHC sticker from the dsm on the side?
[post=557122]Quoted post[/post]​

I have an SR motor in my S14, but putting Silvia stickers all over it would be rice . . . . .

For your hypothetical situation, IMO:

THe 16valve sticker would not be rice, as you do have a 16valve motor . . . whereas the lancer bade would be because you still have a mirage.

Putting the Dohc Vtec trunk emblem from a GSR on your B-series honda is not rice, however putting the :typer: emblem on a car "not so equipped" is rice.
[post=557124]Quoted post[/post]​

Since when is it so complicated? Do you have nothing better to do than sit there and invent rules as to what's "rice" and what isn't?

How about everyone shut the fuck up because it's not your car.
[post=557128]Quoted post[/post]​

I stated that this was just my opinion.

People would say indiglo gauges are rice, but that doesnt mean i dont like em :) .

People would say my Apex N1 catback is rice, but i still like it :).

I get defensive on this subject pretty easy. Wasn't trying to get all up in your face or anything.

I will say again to the masses: It's not your car. You don't like it? Big fuckin deal.

people who say the word rice anymore should just be banned. fuck, this shit gets old. shut thefuck up about "rice" who gives a shit, mind your own business,and if you dont like it then dont put it on your car, leave other peoples shit alone.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 20 2005, 04:11 PM
I get defensive on this subject pretty easy. Wasn't trying to get all up in your face or anything.

I will say again to the masses: It's not your car. You don't like it? Big fuckin deal.
[post=557247]Quoted post[/post]​

True, but if somebody has the right to do whatever they want to their car, i also have the right to make whatever judgement i want about it. . . no that doesnt give me the right to publicly attack them for no reason, but when asked, i can legitimately say, "That STI wing on a non STI equipped WRX is stupid and useless."

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 20 2005, 02:35 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 20 2005, 04:11 PM

True, but if somebody has the right to do whatever they want to their car, i also have the right to make whatever judgement i want about it. . . no that doesnt give me the right to publicly attack them for no reason, but when asked, i can legitimately say, "That STI wing on a non STI equipped WRX is stupid and useless."
[post=557272]Quoted post[/post]​

If it's your opinion. Just don't go around trying to push it off as gospel.

I don't have a problem with opinions - I have a problem with dickheads that think theirs is the only one. I also have a problem with the assholes that turn something that they don't like into a personal attack on someone else or said person's car.

Oh come on it all depends on the parts. Body-wise...yes, performance wise, no. The aerodynamics in that wing are debatable, but consensus shows, that it was a really stupid mod, sorry if us Honda guys don't like huge ricer wings. wrx-wing=awesome :p

Ah, the stench of intolerance and ignorance is heavy-laden in this place...

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Sep 20 2005, 04:42 PM-->
Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 20 2005, 02:35 PM
Battle Pope
@Sep 20 2005, 04:11 PM

[post=557272]Quoted post[/post]​

If it's your opinion. Just don't go around trying to push it off as gospel.

I don't have a problem with opinions - I have a problem with dickheads that think theirs is the only one. I also have a problem with the assholes that turn something that they don't like into a personal attack on someone else or said person's car.
[post=557275]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah thats true, sometimes people can take a set of spraypainted breakdrum's way to seriously.

- If i may play the devil's advocate -

The only reason I (and i feel others in this thread) listed our opinions was because the topic called for it.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Sep 20 2005, 04:42 PM
That STI wing on a non STI equipped WRX is stupid and useless

and so is jdm parts on civics
[post=557276]Quoted post[/post]​

I couldnt agree more.

Mirrors, interior gauges, tail lights, corner lights - i think they are stupid but they arent NEAR as obscene as :typer: badges, stickers, lip's, etc.

wrx sti wing a a sti? sounds like an integra type r wing on a ls... gee havent seen that before. who fucking cares. i dont think it looks good but i dnot get all bent out of shape about it.

yeah seriously. i wasnt trying to be a dick about it either, i just thought it was funny the huge deal everyone is making about it ;)

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Sep 20 2005, 01:42 PM
That STI wing on a non STI equipped WRX is stupid and useless

and so is jdm parts on civics
[post=557276]Quoted post[/post]​

so why doesnt everyone just leave their cars fuckin stock on the outside and inside...so everyone will shut up about and quit argueing over stupid shit...

"simple solutions for simple problems"

i think it looks good and far from rice! rice is a triple decker ebay wing this is a oem part so how can it be rice? he go thte wing friday night and he is taking the sti badge asap so how can it be rice? is my hatch rice having wheels from a ls teg?

If I were in internet Noobie I would get pretty defensive about some of your guys comments, but its ok. I am the owner of this blue WRX. I bought it wingless and it looked like it needed somthing, and the stock wrx wing, IMO, looks pretty homo. Paying $0 for a 2006 STi trunk I thought was a good deal. I like how it looks.

Its ok that some honda owners dont like my car. Im only 18. Please dont be offened if my SSRs cost more than your honda. Or if my car is worth more than your house. :eek:

hhahaha, its all good, free wing, I get to hang my laundry up to dry and get mad downforce yO (almost as good as vtaK)

anywho, you can talk all the shit you want if you run low 13s or better. B)

Back