Pics of my rebuilt setup, and the A/W setup...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slo86GT

Super Moderator
Got the camera out and took some more pictures...

Mods list:
B16a, Endyne .020" over ceramic coated pistons, eagle rods, STR blockguard
Inline pro manifold, custom WG elbow, custom 2.5" to 3" dp
Precision SC34 turbo, Tial 35mm WG, Spearco w/a intercooler, Permacool heat exchanger, all custom lines and reservoir.

This heat exchanger came in yesterday, so I ran to Godman's Performance for the fittings today and got it installed... Everything tested out, no leaks in the water system, so we'll see how she does at the track in a few more weeks after she's tuned and aligned...

Here's the engine bay, how it looks right now...

engine05_07_04_s.jpg

Here's a comparo of the old and new heat exchangers... I'm trying to make sure temps stay down ont he water system, so I can truly call this a "street setup".... I'm thinking about breaking out some flat back paint, and hit the fins somewhat to hide it behind the bumper a little better.

newcooler_s.jpg

Here's some random clearance pics for ground clearance, turbo to radiator clearance, and how my oil return had to be routed... No problems so far, and it hasn't made a puff of smoke yet, so I think she's MUCH happier with the new turbo than the old one. ;)

groundclearance_s.jpg

turboclearance_s.jpg

return1_s.jpg

return2_s.jpg

wheres the spearco intercooler? I dont see it in the pics? What does a heat exchanger do? I know what they do for boats and shit, but Ive never seen(or heard) of one on a car.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 7 2004, 10:11 PM
wheres the spearco intercooler? I dont see it in the pics? What does a heat exchanger do? I know what they do for boats and shit, but Ive never seen(or heard) of one on a car.

You need to go back to school, cause you forgot to read up on something before you posted.

Lemme see if I still have my "intercooler" pic....

Not online... oh well.

Yeah man definatly paint the cooler black it will stand out less, and just look like your radiator. Your car always inspires me to get going on my build. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 7 2004, 11:11 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

moron of the turbo forum award :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

looks good hommie :)

LOL theres bound to be ONE Per thread

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@May 18 2004, 03:22 PM
Yeah man definatly paint the cooler black it will stand out less, and just look like your radiator. Your car always inspires me to get going on my build. :thumbsup:

Already painted it... see my post for pics in General Discussions.

Back