Pics of my wrecked Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
So, here are the pics. They look a little worse than it actually is, since the insurance company removed the front bumper, radiator, fans, etc.

If you look closely in one of the pics, you can see the last little bits of the carbon fiber hood dangling from the mangled hood latch.

Also, several of the pics show the twisted frame/radiator support.

As of today (September 23), the car is on a truck on its way to Oregon. :) Hopefully the next pics you see of the car are of its restored condition.

s3f70675f2e640.jpg

s3f706768be6f1.jpg

s3f70674261a97.jpg

s3f70674cb23a0.jpg

s3f7067734bb06.jpg

s3f706737caa41.jpg

s3f7067214e20f.jpg

s3f70672d13894.jpg

Wait a minute, you said a while ago in another post that your Accord was deemed a total loss. I wanna know why the hell did they deem it a total loss? The fenders dont even appear bent out of shape. That could have easily been repaired. But i hear you have a WRX now so :thumbsup: :D

Yeah, the WRX is beautiful. I really can't complain. I'll have an uppipe, downpipe and exhaust soon, so I can't wait to feel the extra get-up-and-go. :)

As for the total loss question...the airbags alone cost $2000 to replace. Then a hood is $500. $200 windshield. $300 radiator. I could go on. The costs add up real quick. The value of the car is only like $5500 based on the bluebook.

sooner or later somebody has to let go....

but you got a nice replacement thou... :D

toal loss is what the insurance company calls it when the car is totalled meaning its more damage than 80 % of the cars total value. Has nothing to do with whether or not there are still good body parts left or not

Generally airbags alone decide if it's a total loss. if they deploy then 80% of the time the ins company deems it a total loss.

Which is why they gave my sister the option to repair her Cavalier, the airbags didn't go off. (of course she was hit from behind)

Originally posted by driver1@Sep 23 2003, 12:11 PM
toal loss is what the insurance company calls it when the car is totalled meaning its more damage than 80 % of the cars total value. Has nothing to do with whether or not there are still good body parts left or not

dont forget labor, structural or frame labor here in wisconsin is around $60 an hour body is at like $50 and paint is super expensive, so it adds up super quick. If your car is even close to totaling do it, cuase when it gets close insurance usually trys to push aftermarket shit which doesnt fit and their headlights\ tail lights usually leak.

Are you going to buy it back and part it out? if os how much for the shifter, lever, stabilizer, clutch, brake, gas pedal assembly, hydralic lines, clutch resevoir, all the shit to swap to a 5 speed in a 94 DX accord?

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 23 2003, 01:39 PM
Are you going to buy it back and part it out? if os how much for the shifter, lever, stabilizer, clutch, brake, gas pedal assembly, hydralic lines, clutch resevoir, all the shit to swap to a 5 speed in a 94 DX accord?

Sorry y0. :)

Back