Pics of the Ricey paint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

Here are the pics,

on the stands
s4001c9d11adc6.jpg

F U Honda overtightend bolts.
s4001c9bf4bb07.jpg

Before
s4001c9fe445d2.jpg

After
s4001ca0c88b9e.jpg

The Valve Cover
s4001ca1d5cc84.jpg

The nice clean, sanded H-logo
s4001ca2ac5c25.jpg

springs will go in in a week or two when i rent the compressor

I don't like it, it doesn't match, shoulda went with the same color white, or repainted it black.

Oh, I really hope ur not trying to support the car with paint cans..lol, j/k

its the same color that civicious used,

i dont like it on the valve cover all that well, it doenst match up with the intake at all, but it looks pretty good on the calipers i think

OMG i dint even see the paint cans ....hahaha that thing is a accident waitng to happen,dude remove the empty paint cans,and use new (blue) paint cans.

Serious try a GUN METAL paint on the valve cover and spray paint the AEM intake the same. As for the calipers,well we all learn sooner or later.

i knew someone would say that, i was using the paint cans to support the calipers, so they didnt have to hang by just the brake line

Sorry, I keep looking and disliking it more and more, I'm just picky as hell when it comes to colors, just like if you tried puttin red and blue together (it just doesn't look right to me).

Get a hose kit to make it match a little more, but you did a good job on the painting. I'm going to have to repaint the Porsche's valve cover, reccomend any good paint?

dont worry more blue is on the way, hose kit and a new ground

the paint is really easy to get, its just standard high heat engine enamel. it usually comes in 500degree and 1200 degree, i just used the 500 stuff.

do exactly what they say on the can, you really cant speed the time table up at all, even with a space heater and 2 fans. :D

hey not bad on the paint (not a color i would have used but hey different strokes for different folks) and if you like it thats all that matters. also i dont think youll need a spring compressor to get those springs in they are so much shorter than the stocks that the strut rod should be long enough to put the strut mount back on without having to compress the spring at all. this is how it worked for me anyhow when i put myine in my accord...the only thing you might need one for is to get the old springs off because if they have tensoin on the strut they will go flying when you unbolt thew strut mount. so just be careful when doing that part

i just noticed that your brake reservoir looks like its leaking. that would be bad. i also think you should paint the heat shield silver. :)

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Jan 18 2004, 01:34 PM
i just noticed that your brake reservoir looks like its leaking. that would be bad. i also think you should paint the heat shield silver. :)

no thats old overflow, its been dried there since i bough my car, i just havent got around to cleaning it up yet. and the heat sheild is gonna be gloss black, with the good, 1200 degree stuff.

in response to 92B16vx's post the blue is "Ford Blue", just a standard high heat engine enamel.

Back