pics of the supra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trappd-in-859

side shot
wMTI1MzczNDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

rear view(paint on bumper cracking because my mom ran into me in the driveway :mad: )
wMTI1MzczNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

interior shot
wMTI1Mzc0MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

open hatch
wMTI1Mzc0MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

stock motor :cry: (that will soon change)
wMTI1Mzc0NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Just thought that I'd show you guys some pics of my car. Im open to all critisism.

Thanks for looking.

I hear you on that man. Im thinking about gettin some 17's in black with a fat, polished lip. I should really do something about that big ass fender gap too huh?

Quoted post[/post]]
too bad its an automatic
Yea, I know. Im not planning on auto-x for this car or anything like that. Just street driving and the occasional trip to the strip. The car will get the gte swap but I will retain the auto for more consistent et's.

Flame all you want, but that's how I feel

PS: this is the kind of power I would like to make after swapping the 7m-gte motor in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pegWCNta8...%20supra%20dyno

Transmission has to come with the Swap. Just as hard to make it manual as it is automatic.

If you like the car, keep it as is. "My first Supra". Start off with another shell for the 2JZGTE swap.

Also, are you near Pittsburgh PA ?

EDIT: Duh.. Kentucky.

car looked familiar, that's all.

Im not getting the 2j swap. When I said gte, I meant 7m-gte. I will be getting the auto turbo trans as well.

Also, if anybody has heard of Racing Technology Co., a performance shop specializing in the 3rd and 4th gen supras, please let me know. Im thinking about taking my car down there to get some work done.

And before anybody says it, yes, I would do the work myself but I dont have the tools or the space required to do something like a swap.

You'll be 10,000 into that car and still won't have the result. Cut your losses, enjoy it for what it is, and if you're really sold on the idea pick a better car to begin with. You've got the WORST turbo edition they ever made (1987 .. first year of the turbo game for them - This is a recipe for disaster)

Trust me, 1987 is when I called it quits for Supra enthusiasm. I would rock a 1979 before I would get another 86-88.

So what car would you recommend then? Something like a 300zx, older mustang gt, older camaro? I really want a project that could get me into at least deep into the 13's for less than say , 12k including the price of the car.

Id really like to stick with something auto and had leather offered from the factory. I know Im limiting myself alot by only wanting auto, but its what I like.

So if anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know.

It needs to be RWD, at least a 6 cylinder turbo or NA v8, and be at least semi-comfortable for long distance trips. Also has to be reliable.

Wait, Im thinking 1993+ sc300. Yes? No? It has the 2jzge engine and has turbo kits offered for it. Leather, auto, rwd, and toyota reliability. What do you guys think? Also, how does the sc300 fair in the snow?

the SC300 is your car without pop-up lights.

I'm not saying to deviate from Supra - I love Supras. But this car will take a TON of money to get it where you want it (Where anyone would want it) and there are smarter ways of going about that goal.

I would start with an unrusted (Your car is rusted to hell - yes it is, I can tell from the pics) car and work your way up with best of breed components. Your interior is nice, so find a 1987 NA in Black, swap over the lighter weight trim from the 90 triple white (Or any 92), and then decide if you want the Targa or not. (I say go without). Spend alittle time getting that 7MGTE or otherwise into the new body, and finally move your goodies out of your daily and sell your shell as is.

There are smarter ways to go about this than working with what you currently have.

So youre saying get a newer, unrusted, N/A supra; swap interior from a 90-92 into said supra, then get a 7m-gte swapped into the N/A? After all that, sell my current car minus interior components that I want to keep?

I think I know what youre saying, but Im still a little confused. Would I be able to do all of this and mod the car for less than 12k?

Edit: What about something like the bottom two on here? The one in the middle is turbo but has pretty high miles. If I got that and rebuilt the engine and turbo, or just got a bigger turbo, would that be good or no?

Heres the link: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresult...=41005&x=10&y=9

Im sorry, what's the hard-on for the automatics again ?

I dont have a hard-on for automatics, just want to keep it auto. Its what Im used to, and if I want a manual, Ill get one.

The Toyota Automatic is one of the worst ever made. Trust me on this. The Japs can't make an auto, Americans can't make a manual. Just the way it is.

Back