Picture from top of b16 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tssd08

Hello, I was wondering if anybody running a turbo on their B16 would be willing to take a picture from directly above the manifold. People using different manifolds would be great too.

I'm looking on using a B16 turbo in a non-Honda chassis, and am trying to get some dimensions for fitment issues, so if anybody wants to whip out the ol' measuring tape for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking, sorry for the forum jumping,
Nick

a b16 turbo? people who turbo their b16's aren't limited to one specific type or size of turbo. I know you probably didn't mean it to sound like that but I pointed that out anyway.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 17 2004, 12:41 AM
46,660 hits on Google for Honda turbo pics, sure it might take a little while, but you'll probalby get more of what you need.

Google it up

next time don't do it for him. just tell him.

Why's this board even here, seems everything people ask can be googled.

:hmm:

Believe me, I have looked at thousands of pictures, but people who have pictures on their websites aren't usually available to provide dimensions. I thought somebody on here might be willing to actually provide some specific data, I appologize for what seems like a general question.
If somebody wants to help a guy out, I'll be checking back in, if not, then flame away...

Nick

Sorry for the crappy Paint drawing. I really just need the distance to the frontmost part of the turbo. I've seen some people are using a top-exit w.g. style manifold, that second dimension would be helpful too, although I don't think I will have the room.

turbo_dimensions_001.jpg

edit for new dimension, top of flange to lower corner of turbo would be helpful too. I understand that it might be a pain in the ass to check this stuff, if it is, don't worry about it, but thanks for looking anyways.

Nick

the first dimension i measured was approx 7.75 so figure 8"-from the head to the front most part of the turbo.

the second dim. i got about 3.5"-from the top exh manifold studs to the top of my tial wg.

the third is 9.5" from the bottom exh manifold flange to the compressor outlet. dont forget thats not including the hose and piping that are to be connected.

EDIT: and i dont know whats with dicks coming in here post whoring and complaining. guys got a Q and you give him a hard time wtf?

Yeah man, thanks a lot...does the top of that manifold (the cyl. 2 &3 exits) stick up above the VC? Anybody with a non-equal length manifold and an internal w.g. to compare to HellBent would be great too. Thanks for the help.

Nick

p.s. 1978 Mini

Originally posted by tssd08@Apr 17 2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah man, thanks a lot...does the top of that manifold (the cyl. 2 &3 exits) stick up above the VC? Anybody with a non-equal length manifold and an internal w.g. to compare to HellBent would be great too. Thanks for the help.

Nick

p.s. 1978 Mini

There was a thread a little while ago about b16's into these older mini's very quick cars but it didn't seem like there was enough space to fit the motor let alone a turbo'ed aplication. But i wish you luck your doing a unique build bro :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, the motor is a close fit (can't use factory sheetmetal), but depending on which front end you use, there can be as much as 3" of free space up front...not a lot, but it's worth a shot. Most of the guys who want some extra power usually just go with a b18c5, but boost is a wonderful thing.

Thanks Calvin, that's a good angle. The w.g. actuator looks like it hangs out a ways there though...what kind of manifold is that? custom?

Thanks,
Nick

Back