Picture of the Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by civic15.8@Nov 5 2003, 10:58 PM
cobra= 17 mpg 3780 lbs.

itr= 25mpg 2595 lbs.

im with liquid00meth and everyone else that said i will take the itr over the cobra

if you are looking for fuel mileage get a honda insight or a saturn sl1 or something like that

to make power you need fuel

and im not certain that the itr would walk the cobra on a road course either...

to those that would prefer the itr over a cobra..just out of curiosity, why?

whoever made up the term torqueless wonder should shampoo my crotch. its getting fucking old.

on a lighter note, i'd bet money the cobra would own the teg on a road course.

That Cobra "STOCK" would tear up the ITR "STOCK." Strip and Road all day long. Cobra has great weight distrabution and independent rear wheel steering. Yeah, it is a little bigger. For everyday driving, get an ITR good reliability and gas mileage, but if we are talking power here, the SVT owns the ITR hands down. With 10 grand in mods, there is no way that ITR will be as fast as the SVT either.

the elise was tested against a cobra "R" in Sport Compact Car

and i think it did pretty well against the cobra

LIKE BEAT IT IN EVERY CATEGORY

Don't believe me, click here:

but, i realise this isn't an integra R....but special thanks to Prowler for changin the subject

no matter how much you argue, it all comes down to three simple words...

WHO FUCKIN' CARES?!?!

I'd take an ITR over a Rustang any day of the week. It looks better, it's more comfortable, it's an awesome car in a road course for a 4-cyl, and it's going to last ages longer than a Ford.

The Ford guys can talk about their own personal experiences with a Ford as much as they want. Hell, I'm sure there are people out there whose Hondas died at 75,000 miles. But the fact is, the average lifespan of a Honda (or Toyota, or Nissan) is far greater than the average lifespan of a Ford (or Chevy or Dodge). Consumer Reports routinely publishes lists about car owners reporting on maintenance frequency. Who ALWAYS have the lowest? I'm sure I don't need to type it out. Those are some of the reasons you pay more (new or used) for a Japanese import. They're engineered for quality, which is a concept Detroit has never grasped.

:withstupid:

But, if pure power is all you want, the Cobra is the way to go. I haven't had a bad experience with Ford, one reason why I am biased toward them, my buddies '01 Cobra is still running like new and has 50,000 on it. It all depends on how you take care of your car. Change Oil, spark plugs, fluids, the basic upkeep. If you take care of your car, it will last a while.

fordproblem.jpg

fordhate.jpg

blah blah it goes both ways

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 5 2003, 09:42 PM
pretty much its worthless to compair a corbra to a itr

did anyone see SVT cobra vs. B18C5 Elise in Sport Compact Car???????????

mustang got its ass handed to it in every sinlge test
acceleration
braking
handling
slalom

just because you have 400 lb/ft of torque doesnt mean you have a nice car

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Nov 6 2003, 10:10 AM
the elise was tested against a cobra "R" in Sport Compact Car

and i think it did pretty well against the cobra

LIKE BEAT IT IN EVERY CATEGORY

Don't believe me, click here:

but, i realise this isn't an integra R....but special thanks to Prowler for changin the subject

Yeah it wasn't an integra but it had the ITR engine in it. 1.8. 195 hp. :worthy:

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Nov 5 2003, 11:30 PM-->
sleepergtx
@Nov 5 2003, 08:13 PM

ITR= what? mid to low 15s? whoopty do. :sleep:

I'd take the Cobra for sheer asphault killing torque, and the awesome sound of the supercharger whine at WOT. If you guys stick in your Acura/Honda bliss, how will you EVER experience the other things in life ....like fast cars? <_<

Your numbers are off mang.

ITR's have been to run low 14's with just i/e and springs.

I also would own an itr over a cobra, but not if I could buy either, just because of price, and my shitty driving ability.

Yeah Cobras run below 13s stock, and if you did i/e and springs on it, it'd run low 12s instead of high 12s. :p

I'd rather wreck a Cobra over an ITR because of my shitty driving ability....ITRs are more rarer. ;)

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 6 2003, 01:58 AM
For less money than you'd spend on a good i/e and springs for the ITR, the Cobra could be in the mid 11's. Chip, pulley, and exhaust.

Cobra's are not jsut straight line performers, either.

The Cobra and the ITR pull VERY similar numbers on a skidpad...

You spent half the price buying the car didn't you? So an intake/exhaust for a Type R will cost you 25g's?

2003 Cobra is $38,000 an ITR, new one anyway, is about $25,000. With $15,000 in mods, the cars will be about even, the ITR even might have the edge, but if you chip the SVT, I/H/E. 500+ HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back