Picture of the Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna buy another B13 Black SE-R?? I've got 2 of em for sale! JDM motor'ed 150 hp! :)

I'd just to say that I think putting a supercharged v8 against a 1.8 liter 4 banger is a little unreasonable. Which car would I drive? I'd pick the cobra because I already own a honda and I don't need two cars that'll last forever. I'd pick the extra power. A more fair contest, though, might be an s2000 against a cobra. Don't they put out better numbers than a tegra? Another thing to think about; cobras make 85 ponies per litre. An s2000 makes 120 per litre, whithout forced induction.

For years, the import market (not just japanese imports), have been rasing the bar for power, efficiency, emissions, weight, durability, and sheer driving pleasure. Meenwhile, in most cases domestic manufacturers are producing the same old crap and slapping badges like "SS" on it to sell more cars. The reason I drive a honda is because Honda puts thought into their cars. They don't build cars today the same they did ten years ago because they've learned something since then. When domestic car-makers start putting effort and inginuity into their vehicles, I'll start buying them.

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Nov 7 2003, 01:03 AM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Nov 7 2003, 01:02 AM
Yeah yeah, not as fast, but if I was to rock a mustang it would be a 99-00 s281 or s351.

I just like those for some reason.....

The 2003 Cobra OWNS an S-281 Saleen, sorry to inform you.

It's true. and the base S281 is in fact more expensive than a Cobra.

Get the S281E and all hell breaks loose...for 60 grand. :eek:

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 6 2003, 11:59 PM
Last time I checked, a Cobra's base price is only checking in at 33k, folks.

ITR's were pushing 25k...

ITR + 8k =/= 2003 Cobra. A stock 2003 Cobra'd spank that ass A LOT more reliably.

BTW, a Cobra with a $150 pulley, $250 chip, $500 long tube headers, $500 exhaust, $100 inducktion system, $200 mass air meter, $200 throttle body, $300 slicks, and a $1000 blower upgrade will run 10's. ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Let's see ANY Honda with all the creature comforts and full interior with $3200 in upgrades run 10's. I'd love to see that.

MKIV Supra's can't even hold a candle to that kind of performance per dollar value.

my buddies 94tt supra owns all 500 hp mustangs it went against. sad thing he spent 45000 dollars and the dude with the mustang spent less. funny shit one dude that went against it thought it was a honda.

just a question but why would "CAR ENTHUSIASTS" be posting in favor of a mustang on a HONDA site??????

Thank you for just owning yourself. :) People on here like "CARS" not just "HONDA" and they provide facts. They don't just state that Honda is king. Just like they are doing now. I also just want to say that the Cobra is just a couple thousand in mods, will own anything in its price range, even out of its price range. No other car has that type of potential. Also Civicgirl racer, I think it was the upkeep of the car that made it break down. My buddies 2001 Cobra, 3 years old. He got it in 2000. Anyway, is still running strong and smooth. Basic upkeep is all it takes, otherwise it was factory defect.

Originally posted by Juce@Nov 7 2003, 06:41 AM
I'd just to say that I think putting a supercharged v8 against a 1.8 liter 4 banger is a little unreasonable. Which car would I drive? I'd pick the cobra because I already own a honda and I don't need two cars that'll last forever. I'd pick the extra power. A more fair contest, though, might be an s2000 against a cobra. Don't they put out better numbers than a tegra? Another thing to think about; cobras make 85 ponies per litre. An s2000 makes 120 per litre, whithout forced induction.

For years, the import market (not just japanese imports), have been rasing the bar for power, efficiency, emissions, weight, durability, and sheer driving pleasure. Meenwhile, in most cases domestic manufacturers are producing the same old crap and slapping badges like "SS" on it to sell more cars. The reason I drive a honda is because Honda puts thought into their cars. They don't build cars today the same they did ten years ago because they've learned something since then. When domestic car-makers start putting effort and inginuity into their vehicles, I'll start buying them.

:werd:

For a n00b, you make sense.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 6 2003, 11:22 PM
Civicgirlracer...did your brother ever take care of his car? normal or above normal oil changes? wash it? take care of it at all? Most people I know of had stories of 'bad engineering' just didn't change the oil and the engine siezed.

Yeah he always takes care of his car (plus he worked for Ford, was a member of the SVT club thing they have). He even put on the saleen (or is it rousch (sp?) aftermarket parts that they use for their factory cars. Heater hose blew and his car was fucked up ever since. Always overheating and then started idling high (he didn't really race it hard either, usually just took off enough to get away from the person and stopped). There are a couple of people I know whose cobras (especially newer models) who have had nothing but problems with em.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 7 2003, 07:52 AM
HP per liter means DIDLY.

What's the city/hwy on an S2000? Probably very similar to the Cobra's.

(Comparisons made with 2001 s2000 because it was easy to find info.)

s2000 gets 20 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway. Cobras make 16 and 24. I also know that a cobra can't touch an s2000 in handling. s2000's have a 49/51 weight ratio. Perfect. The s2000 revs to 9000 rpm while the cobra pussies out out 6500. The cobra has a 1 sec. better 0-60 time and 1.2 sec. better in the 1/4. Basically the price difference between the two cars is the price of the supercahrger the honda lacks. the s2000 is 30 even while the cobra is like 34,900. Comptech makes a charger that'll get the honda up to 340 hp at the crank. There's goes the cobra's 1 sec. advantage in time. On the other hand, they're two very different cars that can't really be compared effectively. You know what the s200 is usually compared to? Porche's bmw's and mercede's; and it kills all of them in every area, especially price safety, emissions, reliability, comfort, and driving pleasure. Ask msn autos or car and drvier or consumer reports.

(Sorry for wasting your time if you care nothig about s2000's. I personally love them if you can't already tell.)

Good post. you know what you're talking about... somewhat.

first, the 2003 S2000 is rather slow. It's hits 60 in 6.3 seconds and whines through the 1/4 mile in 14.9 seconds. (The 2000 S2000 rolls a 5.2 and 13.8 respectively in the times, which is fast enough to destroy the WRX...)

Meanwhile, the Cobra utterly destroys 60 mph in 4.5 seconds and flings the 1/4 mile around like it's nothing at 12.9 seconds.
That makes for 1.7 seconds difference and 2 seconds difference respectively. For the 4500 for the extra price on the Cobra, I'll take it.

Next, if you put a Comptech supercharger on an S2000 you will have to run at least 116 octane unleaded to acheive an extra 100 hp at the crank. why? because the static compression on the S2000 is already around 11.2:1. Any boost without MORE than the cost of the supercharger (timing, fuel, spark management systems) if you don't spend the extra greenbacks, you will not be driving the S2000 for much longer. There goes the price advantage on the S2000. So for the cost of the Cobra, you have to mod the hell out of the S2000 to get the times of a stock Cobra...meanwhile, a Cobra owner is putting on a cold air intake, removing the silencer, throwing in a Steeda/Triax shifter, and putting on some Nitto drag slicks and acheiving low 12s. :worthy: :worthy:

The Cobra may "pussy out" at 6500 rpm for it's redline, but when you're receiving upwards of 381 RWhp (dyno'd august 2002 in MM&FF), and 374RWtq in that short[er], smooth power band you can't complain at all. In fact, I'm glad I don't have to climb to 8600 rpm to get all of my 215 RWhp. (I forget what the S2000 dyno's out to, so that's a guess.) If you think about it, where do you spend most of your time on the road? nowhere near 8600 rpm...you spend it in the lower RPM, whats there? Torque. American slump pulling Torque.
Side note: After the base line dyno on the Cobra, they removed the silencer they dyno'd the car again, and the damn thing twisted the rollers at 394 RWhp & 375 RWtq. 13 RWhp from a simple fucking trick....Again, I am :worthy: :worthy:

------------------------------------------

Now, for the good points. The weight balance is almost too good to be true. This has got to be the best weight distribution on a car I have EVER seen...EVER...

The gas mileage on the S2000 is awesome compared to that of the Cobra. Hell the Cobra gets a $1000 gas guzzler tax added to the MSRP. :thumbsdown: Even though the F150s and GT models make only 2 mpg better than the 03 SVTs...how does that make sense? :huh: :shrug2: it doesn't I guess.

The S2000 will destroy the Cobra in a fight on the autoX field. But anyone who gets a Cobra isn't interested in handling. (ponycar enthusiast war cry) :p

I cannot wait to see what the 04 S2000 does...me and B saw one at Honda the other night, 2.2L I4, 240 hp, 163 ft lbs torque, 17" 10 spoke rims, new front and rear fascias, all with a 51/49 weight dist & RWD. Oh yes, it was gorgous. :)

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 9 2003, 02:02 AM
I cannot wait to see what the 04 S2000 does...me and B saw one at Honda the other night, 2.2L I4, 240 hp, 163 ft lbs torque, 17" 10 spoke rims, new front and rear fascias, all with a 51/49 weight dist & RWD. Oh yes, it was gorgous. :)

Mmmmm hell yeah. :D

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Nov 6 2003, 10:03 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Nov 7 2003, 01:02 AM
Yeah yeah, not as fast, but if I was to rock a mustang it would be a 99-00 s281 or s351.

I just like those for some reason.....

The 2003 Cobra OWNS an S-281 Saleen, sorry to inform you.

I know it rape it, I was just referring to a s281 because I like them more, seem more rare when you see them.

Well... the S2000 would cost a lot more to make a 11 second car than the Cobra. The S2000 would need about 5-10 grand in mods, where as the cobra needs nothing more than bolt-ons and a chip.

However, the S2000 is still one of the best sports cars around.

You guys always have to bring up the import vs. domestic argument. Who says domestic drivers can't come on here and post their opionions anyway? I am a proud owner of a 00' Grand Prix and I love it. But that doesn't keep me from admiring all the awesome hondas out there. I just like the fact I have a nice 200 hp V6 under the hood and i didn't have to do anymore than by the car itself to achieve that. It's all a matter of preference. Some people like to work their way to get to the numbers they want, while others like it to come more easily. Thats my two cents worth. Anyone know what a 3.8 V6 2000 Gt runs in a 1/4 mile?

there is a girl here in mn that broke in to the 12's with her gtp

12.75 at 109.8mph in a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

mod list
Port, Polished, and matched top end
Comp cam
Comp springs, retainers, and pushrods
Reprogrammed PCM (ECU)
3.0 pulley (11psi)
MSD ign coils
Quick time cutout
3'downpipe
Full 3' duel exhaust
Thrasher stage 3 tranny springs
MT et streets to get into the 12's (1st pontiac GTP in MN to run 12's)

its a girls car too

Originally posted by civicdx92@Nov 9 2003, 12:31 PM
Anyone know what a 3.8 V6 2000 Gt runs in a 1/4 mile?

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Coupe
0-60: 7.8
1/4 Mile: 16
Transmission: Automatic

Yes I know it says 99 but there weren't any changes. And I know it is in deed faster than that, they're good competition for the 99-00 Si. I've seen them run 15.3s. But I've also seen GTPs run 14.9s stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back