Pikes Peak Hill Climb PICS INSIDE!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
We start with a story. We setup on the same corner that the group setup on last year with no problems. About 45 minutes after setting up this corner marshal for our corner and the corner uphill from us informed us that we could not sit on that corner. (This is after a park ranger told us we were fine as long as they did not need to use our spot to park a broken race car). So of course we blow her off. 20 minutes before the race starts she comes back with a park ranger and tells us that she can't make us leave, but she thinks we should. Our being there is dangerous, we explain that it is not, as there is no way for a car coming uphill to get where we are. Then she says that we will distract the drivers (obviously she has never been to a rally because short of throwing something into the windsheild, there is no way to make the drivers pay attention to a spectator while they are driving). She then tells us that if we have any respect for racing we will move. (Hence the member title :) ). The first car to come up crashes into the hill where we are sitting. So as any good group of rally fans should, the first thing we do is jump down the hill and go to work on trying to get him unstuck. We hear the same bitchy corner marshall running down the hill telling us to stop touching the car and get off the track. We ignore her and do what the driver says to get the car off the hill and going again.
s3f04b6be1c235.jpg

s3f04b6d5f3ab5.jpg

s3f04b6a6e374c.jpg

Obviously this woman knows about as much about rally as Micheal Jackson knows about not molesting little boys. :ph34r: :ph34r:

No for the part that you really wanted.
If you didn't make it, here is a taste of what you missed this year. We will be returning next year so make your plans early.
s3f04b64536d76.jpg

s3f04b625b9f8a.jpg

s3f04b65bb06f3.jpg

s3f04b633c4762.jpg

s3f04b66cac24a.jpg

s3f04b75db257a.jpg

More at: https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.ph...hp?album_id=524

That fricking truck is so awesome! I want to rock one of those!

Unfortunately there were no WRC cars there, only SCCA Pro Rally. A 206 would have made my day.

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for them, but I'd like to thank our photographer, Nicole can always catch the coolest part of that turn. :)

Chris or I will be posting up the date for next years Hill Climb. Anyone that can make it there should.

thanks man :) with my vision, it looks like a pic of the track (b/c of the little thumbnail pics)

There were two 350z's with RB26dett's and AWD. I think that's one of them.

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@Jul 4 2003, 01:08 AM
There were two 350z's with RB26dett's and AWD. I think that's one of them.

bad ass. i remember seeing the first one over on h-t

That Blue 350 never showed on race day. I am not sure if he was there for practice runs.

We don't have still photos of the bikes, quads, or open wheel cars that ran. There were a bunch of them.

The program said that Rod Millen was going to be driving but unfortunately it was not to be.

<=== no respect for racing :lol:

There was supposed to be a Mitsu FTO running, but he crapped out at the bottom of the hill and didn't make it up. :(

Anyway, it was a kick-ass day. As Eric said, anyone who can make it next year should do it.

The first cool part of the day came even before we were on the mountain. We were waiting on Route 24 to turn onto the mountain in a long-ass line of cars, and what comes up next to the turn lane, but the two factory-sponsored Subaru WRX Sti's. They come rolling up next to us all slow, exhaust note pounding, and we all turn and stare and drool more than a roll-over wreck on the interstate. WAY cool.

Plus, getting to help that propane car off the side of our hill was AWESOME. I never thought I'd get to help out a rally like that.

Back