Pikes Peak sunday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
There's a live feed set up to start broadcasting at 9am local (mountian) time

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb - Live | PPIHC

should be some cool stuff going on.

Rhys is going after the unlimited record in his new 'genesis' which is basically a gt-1 car with a genesis sticker on it...

rhys_millen_racing_pm580_hyundai_genesis_pikes_peak_racecar_1_cd_gallery.jpg

should be interesting to see how the live feed works.

The RMR PM580 Genesis, as it’s officially known, is powered by a 3.8-liter Hyundai V-6 that has been stroked to 4.1 liters. It’s turbocharged and intercooled and now makes 750 hp, or nearly 2.5 times the engine’s output in the street-going Coupe. The turbocharger will help keep the power levels up while this one-off makes its way up to the thin air at the 14,110-foot summit. An all-wheel-drive system with an active center diff is able to send anywhere from 10 to 100 percent of the power to the front wheels. The 12.42-mile road up the mountain has recently and gradually been paved in several sections, making the course slightly different each year, and Millen says the car has been designed to cope with the varying road surfaces.

Damn I think I just missed it now. June 27th is the next one though.

I've driven the road up to Pikes Peak a couple times in my Civic and as long as traffic isn't bad its a really fun road to drive.

A lot of the mountain passes here in Colorado can be a ton of fun.

Pike's Peak is awesome. I haven't got to watch it in years.

Live feed online but....wonder if ESPN will cover it Sunday too? Anyone know?

Pike's Peak is awesome. I haven't got to watch it in years.

Live feed online but....wonder if ESPN will cover it Sunday too? Anyone know?

I dont think they are.. at least i didnt see it in the program.. I dont think they ever did??

I remember seeing it on tv for sure. Seeing Rod Millen break his own record. Not sure if it was ESPN but I think so

I don't care what anyone says.....that up hill road looks sketchy in many places.....like mess up on the wrong turn and you're nothing but a video tape memory

oh for sure. there's nothing quite like being dead nuts sideways at 100+mph with one wheel hanging off the ledge of 10,000 feet down to your death.

At least there's plenty of time while free-falling to reflect on your life.... or how you shouldn't have come in so hot on that last corner.

men are made or destroyed on this hill.

only 4 race deaths though.

Henry J. Bresciani, a 10-year race official, was struck by a car at the finish line in 2005
Ralph Chandler Bruning Jr., a stock car driver, died in an accident in 2001;
Bill Gross, a motorcycle racer, died in 1982;
Wallace Coleman died in 1921.

while dangerous as hell, it's statistically safer than any other sanctioned auto sport like nascar, etc.

i saw a youtube video of Rys' car that B has pictured and all i can say is that thing is NAS-TEE!! its gonna tear it up on the course.

while dangerous as hell, it's statistically safer than any other sanctioned auto sport like nascar, etc.
Okay...number nerd here. Statistically......are you saying per year or is this based on hours on the course? Because Nascar and other race events/sanctions get way more hours of driving in per year.

Back