Pin tool. .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Captinb16

Does anyone know where I can get a pin tool to make my job alot easier. Ive been to advanced and auto zone. They dont have them. I also tried sears. Iam going to call honda since in the helms manual they have a part number for it.

Iam using a sewing neddle right now which isnt cutting it. Iam pulling more wires then pins and then having to remove the pin its getting to be time consuming. Sorta a rant sorry but if anyone has more ideas please help me. Thanks in advance. :)

HASport.com sells them... you might have to browse their online store to find it, but I know it is there.. call them if you have too.

do you know that the plugs have a panel that snaps off and once you do that, the plugs should just come right out.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 9 2003, 04:33 PM
do you know that the plugs have a panel that snaps off and once you do that, the plugs should just come right out.

You still need to have a pin remover.

I use a paper clip, but you can buy what you're looking for at www.snapon.com

Radioshack doesnt have them they have no brains. Thanks to the above ,I forgot about hasports I have a snap on tool truck that comes to my work friday I'll try him first before I order online from hasport. Iam having a hard time finding pins though.

I have all ECU pins, '85-present. If you will bear with me being slack + taking 3-4 days to drop some in an envelope and mail, I'll kick you some free.

I seem to have about 192747638282 spare OBD2 D plugs... I may have missed one or two when counting, btw. Seems like I'm always building some odd-ass conversion harness for OBD2B EMS into OBD1 car.

I opened up my spare harness plugs and gave a good yank. I musta yanked 15, and only ripped out one wire.

Originally posted by tab@Dec 15 2003, 01:01 AM
I opened up my spare harness plugs and gave a good yank. I musta yanked 15, and only ripped out one wire.

hahahaha, thats is a good technic. lol

I have one now. The hasport one works great. :lol: you think its possiable that honda the dealership might have the pins for sale? I need some for obd0 pr3. Iam trying to rewire a main harness that someone hacked for some stupid reason. Its becoming a nightmare because ive only cleared 5 out of 4 codes. Still stuck trying to fix code 9 and 6.

Originally posted by allgo+Dec 19 2003, 03:40 AM-->
@Dec 15 2003, 01:01 AM

hahahaha, thats is a good technic. lol

There might be a removal tool. I tried prying just right with a teenie screwdriver, didn't help. I swift yank seems to work best. Keep in mind, spare harness, not my own.

what kinda car is it on? if its a ef dx duel to muti then switch the blue/green and blue/yellow cyl sensor wires and see if tht helps the code 9.

oh yea can you take a pic of the tool, ive never seen one...

thanks
-joseph

Back