1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pin tool. .

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Captinb16, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Captinb16

Captinb16 Member

Does anyone know where I can get a pin tool to make my job alot easier. Ive been to advanced and auto zone. They dont have them. I also tried sears. Iam going to call honda since in the helms manual they have a part number for it.

Iam using a sewing neddle right now which isnt cutting it. Iam pulling more wires then pins and then having to remove the pin its getting to be time consuming. Sorta a rant sorry but if anyone has more ideas please help me. Thanks in advance. :)

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

HASport.com sells them... you might have to browse their online store to find it, but I know it is there.. call them if you have too.

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

do you know that the plugs have a panel that snaps off and once you do that, the plugs should just come right out.

4. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

5. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

You still need to have a pin remover.

I use a paper clip, but you can buy what you're looking for at www.snapon.com

6. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Anyone think of trying Radio Shack?!? They have a repinning kit.

7. Captinb16

Captinb16 Member

Radioshack doesnt have them they have no brains. Thanks to the above ,I forgot about hasports I have a snap on tool truck that comes to my work friday I'll try him first before I order online from hasport. Iam having a hard time finding pins though.

8. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

You need pins?

What kind? OBD1? If so, I got those. Let me know how many you need and which size (small / large)

9. Joseph Davis

Joseph Davis Member

I have all ECU pins, '85-present. If you will bear with me being slack + taking 3-4 days to drop some in an envelope and mail, I'll kick you some free.

I seem to have about 192747638282 spare OBD2 D plugs... I may have missed one or two when counting, btw. Seems like I'm always building some odd-ass conversion harness for OBD2B EMS into OBD1 car.

10. tab

tab Super Moderator

I opened up my spare harness plugs and gave a good yank. I musta yanked 15, and only ripped out one wire.

11. allgo

allgo Senior Member

hahahaha, thats is a good technic. lol

12. Captinb16

Captinb16 Member

I have one now. The hasport one works great. :lol: you think its possiable that honda the dealership might have the pins for sale? I need some for obd0 pr3. Iam trying to rewire a main harness that someone hacked for some stupid reason. Its becoming a nightmare because ive only cleared 5 out of 4 codes. Still stuck trying to fix code 9 and 6.

13. tab

tab Super Moderator

There might be a removal tool. I tried prying just right with a teenie screwdriver, didn't help. I swift yank seems to work best. Keep in mind, spare harness, not my own.

14. 1995lx

1995lx Junior Member

I just used a very small flat head that is used to fix glasses.. It worked great.

15. crx

crx Senior Member

what kinda car is it on? if its a ef dx duel to muti then switch the blue/green and blue/yellow cyl sensor wires and see if tht helps the code 9.

oh yea can you take a pic of the tool, ive never seen one...

thanks
    -joseph

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted