Pins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

how do u install hood pins on a carbon fiber hood and how much should one pay to buy a carbon fiber hood, for a 91 accord?

peace.

Are you really going fast enough to need them or do you just want to look fast enough to need them?

If it was for the promotion of rice, I'm sure he'd get the gay stick on ones.

I have the real deals on my hood for one reason and one reason only. I don't care how much research went into the latch on my carbon fibre hood, It's just not worth taking the risk of losing a $600 hood.

It's just a precaution and in my opinion, well worth it.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 16 2003, 10:14 AM
Are you really going fast enough to need them or do you just want to look fast enough to need them?
[post=109605]Quoted post[/post]​

Its not necessarily speed its the weight of the CF hood and fiberglass underneather that is attached to the latch. The latch tends to come off since the hood is lighter than the stock piece. The speed plus maybe some wind on maybe the freeway can make the latch tear off and pop open ur hood which can end your car and your life.

honestly you need to be going "sick" fast in order for that to happen, otherwise, its all "rice". theres no need unless your hitting 100 plus.

That's definitely not true. I had installed a CF hood on my Accord, and while driving at anything above 45 mph (before installing the pins), the hood would shimmy and shake pretty badly, to the point where I didn't want to drive on any major roads. Installing the pins stopped any and all rattle, at any speeds.

okay, relizing that most cf hoods are not made the best i can see the problem more clearly, they are great looking hoods, but i like my stock hood just fine. good luck

I paid around 500 bucks for a VIS CF hood for my del sol, and I put some sparco hood pins in there. I didnt want to but my friend had a CF hood and it came flying up while he was driven and cracked his hood, so i went with hood pins. I just measured and took a dremel thing to it, it was scary cuttin thru the hood cause if you screw up then your fucked. Good luck

Back