PIONEER Deck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vietec

I have a pioneer deck model deh-750mp premier. I have some questions on the installation for 94 civic hb. How would i make the deck stick inside my dashboard to prevent thiefs from pulling it out? can someone help me on this?

You can use plumbers tape/backstrapping to bolt it to the back of the radio, then to somewhere on the dash frame or chassis.... Another technique is to wedge razorblades between the radio and its can..... One grab, they won't want to touch it again.

take you face off... thats why the made em do that you know, so they will make theifs not want em

Some thieves will still take the radios, there are some "Underground" people that buy electronics like that and take them to mexico where they combine parts from all kinds of burned up equipment and then sell it to people there...... But thats the best safety thing to do, take the face.

i know people from when i was younger who stold shit and they avoided those cars with faces off and hit the ones that left em in

one time tho my buddies rex got broken in to and his face was off and they jamed a screw driver in the cd slot

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jul 31 2003, 03:03 PM
one time tho my buddies rex got broken in to and his face was off and they jamed a screw driver in the cd slot

Wow... that's harsh. :eek:

Hmmm... I've had my Alpine TV stolen before and I was mad that it gotten stolen, but what made me even more mad is that in order to steal it they had to break dash and my climate control.

So what I figured out is that I'm not going to be using a backstrap anymore.

if jvc is like pioneer there should be a box-like piece if metal that slides around the deck. on that piece of metal there are tabs pull ALL of them up after the deck is in the console. impossible to get out unless you take the dash apart. i had someone brake in my car they stole subs, amp, boxes, 6x9's in boxes, a set of craftsmen tools, my fucking backpack for school which had two $70 books plus a bunch of drawings, and my face plate. but they left the deck bacause they couldn't get it out, you can even see the scratch marks around the dash left by the screwdriver. :p

Two flat head screwdrivers is all it takes to get a JVC out if they don't have the keys for it....... That goes for almost any radio...........

Back