pissedoffsol is for sale

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bri,

You still haven't brought the car the a shop yet? I bet they can fix that problem in a few hours and your car will be up and running.....Stop being a lazy shit and bring it to the shop..and don;t say money is an issue cause you already got a shit load into this car....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 14 2004, 11:58 AM
its not the money- its WHO do you take it to?

im sure there are plenty of people you could take it too, like one person said, take it to a vw dealership since they are very familiar with wiring issues. it might cost you some money but wouldnt it be great if for 100 bucks some dealership found out it was a small minor thing?

i know you wanted to complete this project yourself and i dont know if your mad because you didnt finish it all yourself and thats why your giving up or not. we all respect you greatly and even the most knowledgable people need help and have problems too. if your just tired of it all and want a nice luxury sports car then i understand that too.

Uhmm I dunno? A Honda dealearship? A Performance shop..Try Complete Custom Auto in Plainville...The Performance shop in Bristol only works on Classic muscle cars...they wouldn't even do work on my vette...so don't bother with that place...Pruven Performance, they work on imports like Subs and Mits....God any dealership prolly can help...just make some calls and tell them the problem, tell what you have done to your car, what you already tried to do to solve the problem...

God you have a whole list of performance shops on this site....east Coast imports.....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 19 2004, 09:45 AM
up up up
[post=365159]Quoted post[/post]​

i can tell the man wants to sell the car.. and who can blame him? Ive been in the same situation and ended up buying a drag car thinking it was a good investment in the long run and now ive got to sell it for school. IF THE MAN WANTS TO CHILL FOR AWHILE AND LAY LOW THEN STFU AND LET HIM DO IT! Theres nothing wrong w/ growing up and deciding whats best for YOUR life over others. Good luck w/ the sell B! Free bump!

I agree with some of these people... if he wants to sell it, let him sell it... just like i'm selling my si for $13k with the turbo, and the hondata, and the leather interior... ;) I have bigger priorities.

Sell it if you want to B... And for those looking at it, PM or email me if your interested in mine.

[/shameless plug]

i got some info from a l33t tech board that said that an over-charging altenator can lead to a popped ecu fuse.

thoughts?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 20 2004, 04:15 PM
i got some info from a l33t tech board that said that an over-charging altenator can lead to a popped ecu fuse.

thoughts?
[post=365837]Quoted post[/post]​

]yeah-stop overcharging your alternator and drive the fucking car...then sell!

matt

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 20 2004, 03:15 PM

thoughts?
[post=365837]Quoted post[/post]​

Voltage regulator? Bad alternator? Not sure if you went through these, but I'm not about to read through 47 pages of posts to find out. ;)

wildbillhatchback has that covered since he works at a honda stealership.

From what i understand (my dad was a service manager with honda in philly for over 20 years, he delt with a lot of swaps) Honda stealerships service people won't touch an engine in a honda unless it's the engine it came with. I may be wrong here, but that's what i understand.

Originally posted by sorealimports@Jul 23 2004, 03:03 PM
From what i understand (my dad was a service manager with honda in philly for over 20 years, he delt with a lot of swaps) Honda stealerships service people won't touch an engine in a honda unless it's the engine it came with. I may be wrong here, but that's what i understand.
[post=367408]Quoted post[/post]​

i work at a honda dealership... and that is mostly correct, just for the fact that they dont know the history of the swap, and or the quality of it. they dont want to waste thier time and money on a wild goose chase to fix a problem that was due to installation error. they also have no referance material that relates to motor swaps, so they are pretty much goin at it blind.

any parts store can test the alternator. Hell, I have the tool at my shop. It's hella easy. First it tests the battery. Then you start the car, and it reads the alternator charge. Low, Good, High. A monkey could do it.

Although i too think you should hold onto your car, if you ever decide to part it, lemme know. Id buy just about everything under that hood, except the alternator :D

-Chris

Back