Pistols -Revisited New Purchase-Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Don't know if it's ever occurred to you that in the case you find somebody's trying to break into your house or steal your car or just fuck with you, with a Desert Eagle .50 action express you can like fire one shot in the air and the first thought that would come to their mind is "I ain't fuckin with that guy" :). Putting a bullet in them would be unnecessary.

Plus it's just a BAD ASS gun.

And I don't know how to multi-quote, but whoever was saying something about getting a permit yea that's just something I LOVE about Texas, don't need any kind of documentation to own any kind of fire-arm, except a post 1986 (I believe that's the right date) machine gun. Here you only need a permit to distribute firearms.

Further shows that you have absolutely no buisness ever owning a firearm. It is not a fucking toy you scare someone with. If you draw down on someone you had better damn well be in a situation where the threat needs to be stopped. But hey if you decide that a .50 is the way to go and you decide you are going to "scare" someone away go ahead and shoot your hand cannon into the air, sprain your wrist and call a lawyer when that round comes down through some old ladies head.

I really do not know where people get the idea that a gun is something you use to intimidate someone with. And chances are if some dude is breaking into your house while you are there they are so strung out on meth that the racking sound of a shotgun is not going to mean jack shit to them. These kinds of comments are what get people all pissed off at gun owners.

I never said racking a shotgun would scare someone off; it just has the same effect as firing a round into the air.

<-uses a bayonet for home defense.

I never said racking a shotgun would scare someone off; it just has the same effect as firing a round into the air.

<-uses a bayonet for home defense.

Either way they are both ineffective ways of neutralizing a threat. And I would hope if someone has a shotgun for HD it had better have one in the chamber already.

I am not meaning to hijack the thread or any thing, but very few things get me fired up and this is one of them.

:ph34r:

I guess I'm paranoid of accidental discharge. When I did have a shotgun, I only kept two or three shells in there. Never felt like I would use all 7 shells if I was in a defense situation.

I went to the range yesterday with my Cop buddy. He used his SW MP45 and my Kimber, he definitely liked the Kimber better and so did I. Thing is great. I didn't save any of the targets though but I will next time. I plan on doing this more often...

I did pretty good though from 25ft away. We used the big targets with the Bad Guy shooting at you. Toward the end I was able to group shots in each of his body parts. They weren't insanley tight groups, but good enough so it looked nice.

50 feet was pretty tough, i could not group anything but i could shoot the body part i wanted to for the most part. Just not as accurate.

Human silhouettes? Can't use those in MA...

But as for HD, or even personal carry - I always laugh when people talk about having a DE, and its usually someone who hasn't ever put rounds down range with any sort of seriousness. When I took my self-defense pistol course, the biggest thing they tell you is that if you draw your weapon, you generally do it with the intention of killing someone.
One of the biggest cardinal rules of CC is that you never make it known you carry a firearm until you actually use it. Brandishing a gun to be a tough guy is extremely dumb, and will either get you shot or arrested.

Carrying concealed is a HUGE responsibility, and I'd suggest anyone looking to CC take a self-defense pistol course ontop of the standard firearms safety course.

I'm with you Drake.

I went to the range yesterday with my Cop buddy. He used his SW MP45 and my Kimber, he definitely liked the Kimber better and so did I. Thing is great. I didn't save any of the targets though but I will next time. I plan on doing this more often...

I did pretty good though from 25ft away. We used the big targets with the Bad Guy shooting at you. Toward the end I was able to group shots in each of his body parts. They weren't insanley tight groups, but good enough so it looked nice.

50 feet was pretty tough, i could not group anything but i could shoot the body part i wanted to for the most part. Just not as accurate.

Hey any size grouping is a group in my opinion. Shooting is like any thing else, focus on the fundamentals. The thing I really like about shooting is being able to go out by my self and have a challenge there without having anyone one else around.

Further shows that you have absolutely no buisness ever owning a firearm. It is not a fucking toy you scare someone with. If you draw down on someone you had better damn well be in a situation where the threat needs to be stopped. But hey if you decide that a .50 is the way to go and you decide you are going to "scare" someone away go ahead and shoot your hand cannon into the air, sprain your wrist and call a lawyer when that round comes down through some old ladies head.

I really do not know where people get the idea that a gun is something you use to intimidate someone with. And chances are if some dude is breaking into your house while you are there they are so strung out on meth that the racking sound of a shotgun is not going to mean jack shit to them. These kinds of comments are what get people all pissed off at gun owners.

Maybe it would also help in the case I run into assholes like you that the world would do MUCH better without :). You know, idiots that take one comment like "I want a Desert Eagle for Intimidation" to the next unnecessary level.

You're the same as one of those people that gets all pissed off at gun-owners. It's not so much they're problem with gun-owners but their problem is they take a small comment like that too far. It was only a comment, nothing more, unless an idiot like you makes it into something.

Lock this thread please, it seems like we can't have any normal conversations about firearms without someone like this guy in my quote going too far and triggering a response like this from somebody like me and if this goes on we might just run into more gun control freaks like this guy with unpleasant things to say.

this thread was doing fine until you made your stupid DEagle comment

i dont know what your background and experience with guns is... but generally anyone who thinks firing a .50 desert eagle into the air to ward off unsavory types, is an idiot and knows less than dick about guns

Hey any size grouping is a group in my opinion. Shooting is like any thing else, focus on the fundamentals. The thing I really like about shooting is being able to go out by my self and have a challenge there without having anyone one else around.

:werd:

once im done sighting in a handgun i dont really bother trying to make a jagged quarter sized hole in the paper any more

if you have to shoot someone putting multiple rounds through the same hole isnt going to increase your chances of a stopping hit (ie: if that shot didnt stop him the first time, putting 3 more rounds in the same spot arent going to stop him either)

i like to practice drills for target acquisition
some ranges get pissed if you fire from the draw, so act accordingly, if i cant fire from the draw, i like to have the gun at the low ready with my eyes off of the target... then quickly look at the target, aim, and get 2 or 3 shots off at it... then sweep side to side with the gun and your eyes (scanning for more threats) then back on target and fire off another 2-3 rounds... repeat till the mag is done... if you have multiple mags its good to throw a reload in the mix...
you can mix that drill up a bit too... dont even look down the range and have a friend set the distance on the target... get some snap caps and have some of them loaded in with your ammo to simulate misfires
lately im a big fan of these targets
a7-5red7320.jpg

i move from target to target putting 1 or 2 rounds through each for a mag or 4... again works on your target acquisition skills (if you are ever in a situation here you need to shoot to defend yourself, chances are you wont be able to leisurely draw... take a few seconds to aim... squeeze off a round... take a few seconds to re-aim... squeeze off another round... etc... you need to get on target and shoot quickly)

next time we go to my friends uncles to shoot i want to set up several helium balloons on strings so they are moving around and shoot at them... should be a little more interesting than plinking away at stationary paper :)

you will find there are a lot of fun drills you can get into... get creative... keep it interesting :thumbsup:

once you get comfortable shooting your gun look into doing some pin shoots, IDPA events, and such... think of it like an HPDE track day for your gun ;)

happy shooting :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Maybe it would also help in the case I run into assholes like you that the world would do MUCH better without :). You know, idiots that take one comment like "I want a Desert Eagle for Intimidation" to the next unnecessary level.

You're the same as one of those people that gets all pissed off at gun-owners. It's not so much they're problem with gun-owners but their problem is they take a small comment like that too far. It was only a comment, nothing more, unless an idiot like you makes it into something.

Lock this thread please, it seems like we can't have any normal conversations about firearms without someone like this guy in my quote going too far and triggering a response like this from somebody like me and if this goes on we might just run into more gun control freaks like this guy with unpleasant things to say.

My 15 gun safe is about 3 guns heavy at the moment. Just to put my anti-gun stance into perspective ;) If you really do care to discuss firearms and such I would have no problem taking this to private messages. I have said my peace and will leave it at that.

Every thing that E said is spot on. Snap Caps are a god send. I would recommend picking up some ASAP. Nothing makes you take notice of where you are pointing the gun when you pull the trigger like a snap cap. I had a little trouble with slapping the trigger when I first started shooting and with snap caps and it went a hellva long ways to fixing that issue. I have heard from a few places/people that they help ease some of the strain on your gun when you are dry firing. And remember that you can work on the basics without firing a single shot.

Back