Piston choice?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quicksi

what would be a decent piston choice for an LSVTEC conversion on my Si? I am looking for a mid 11 comp ratio. This ios for my daily driven Si that I put 100 miles per day traveling for work.......

B16 Pistons should yield what you want. JDM pistons will have a slightly larger dome than the USDM ones.

PR3's right? I know the JDM pistons have a slightly higher dome, but what comp ratios would I be dealing with if I use, say the JDM ITR slugs? CTR's would yield somewhere around 12 from what I have heard because of the unusally high dome.....

You are using a B16 head correct?
I am going to assume it hasn't been milled.
PR3 Pistons: 11.3:1
P30(JDM) Pistons: 11.5:1
USDM ITR: 10.8:1
JDM ITR: 11.3:1
CTR: 11.97:1

Yes, I am using the B16 head, but the rings in my bottom end are going and I am burning oil like an alcoholic on a bender.....so should I just use the stock B16 pistons and maybe a mugen Head gasket to get the desired CR, or should I go with whole new slugs. By the way, the stock slugs have 126,000 miles on them, but mostly all highway.....

Originally posted by quicksi@Aug 7 2003, 11:54 AM
Yes, I am using the B16 head, but the rings in my bottom end are going and I am burning oil like an alcoholic on a bender.....so should I just use the stock B16 pistons and maybe a mugen Head gasket to get the desired CR, or should I go with whole new slugs. By the way, the stock slugs have 126,000 miles on them, but mostly all highway.....

Take them out and have a look. If they are in good shape keep em, if not get some new ones.

I dont mean to interupt quicksi's post but if I have a B18B block and head with JDM B16B pistons what is my (Piston-to-deck-heigt) A or B.

A. OEM B16A/B
B. OEM B18A/B/C1/C5 - B20B/Z

Back