Piston Selection for B18A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91_TegGS

I'm currently in the process of building an NA B18A and i'm looking for a good set of pistons to put into it to give it at least a 10.5:1 compression ratio. I've been thinking about either the B16A pistons or B18C pistons. Not sure if these will work, tis why i am posting. I already bought cams and a skunk2 intake manifold and may be buying a lightened crank. Any thoughts on piston selection?

Those pistons will work, but you will need to take the pistons and your rods up to the machine shop. I believe they have to open the rod up some, or something like that. They are pressed on anyways so they will have to do it. The b16 pistons will give you slightly higher compression.

have you thought about itr or ctr pistons cause if you goin to go ls v those kick ass in that conversion

I found some good pistons from Crower to give it a 10.5:1 ratio that will fit in the stock bore size. They come with new rings, and pins for about 450 US. Not a bad price and its the compression i'm looking for. I can't find anything for 11:1 compression so i'm not sure if that would be a safe compression to run anyhow.

I got a port and polish done and i may be also getting a good valve job done to top it off, just trying to get some good torque numbers as well as good top end power. An Ls/Vtec setup may be down the road but i really want to see what i can get out of this B18A first becasue the engine is very strong and relativly new with only 85,000kms on it.

Back