piston

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xero

How much horse power difference will i see if get spr piston 11.2:1 over 11.5:1 compression? 90 ls b18a1 block with a b16a3 head and a p28 ecu in a 92 civic si.

Just for comparrison the B16a makes 160 with 10.2:1 and the b16a2 makes 170 with 10.4:1. To my knowledge that is the main difference (besides production years) in the engines. I don't know if it is a flat, linear, or expenential function so I don't actually know....

A 0.2:1 compression inrease alone isn't going to pick up 10 horsepower... tuning and fuel curves most likely have more to do with the power difference than a measly two tenths of compression.

As for your question, the general rule that people go by is typically 4-5% more power per FULL point of compression increased. 0.3% might get you a whole whopping 1% of power. It's not worth swapping your pistons just to change 0.3%, unless you want to change from cast to forged or something like that.

Back