1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

piston

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by xero, Feb 2, 2004.

1. xero

xero Junior Member

How much horse power difference will i see if get spr piston 11.2:1 over 11.5:1 compression? 90 ls b18a1 block with a b16a3 head and a p28 ecu in a 92 civic si.

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Just for comparrison the B16a makes 160 with 10.2:1 and the b16a2 makes 170 with 10.4:1. To my knowledge that is the main difference (besides production years) in the engines. I don't know if it is a flat, linear, or expenential function so I don't actually know....

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

A 0.2:1 compression inrease alone isn't going to pick up 10 horsepower... tuning and fuel curves most likely have more to do with the power difference than a measly two tenths of compression.

As for your question, the general rule that people go by is typically 4-5% more power per FULL point of compression increased. 0.3% might get you a whole whopping 1% of power. It's not worth swapping your pistons just to change 0.3%, unless you want to change from cast to forged or something like that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted