PISTONS 84MM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slapi01

HAVING MY B18C1 BLOCK SLEEVED FOR ALL MOTOR SETUP AND BORED TO 84MM. HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING PISTONS WITH A COMPRESSION OF 11.3.1 - 12.0.1. STILL WANT TO RUN PUMP GAS. ANYONE OUT THERE COULD HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM. WHAT IS THE HIGHEST COMPRESSION RUNNING ON 94 OCTANE? THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Well if you talk to jeff from importbuilders or theres arais, im going to be running my 11.8:1 on 91 octane it's all about good tuning

I run 12.8:1 on 93 octane. Talk to either Jeff @ ImportBuilders (linked in my signature) or some of the other reputable piston manufacturers out there. I'm running IB pistons in my engine right now, and they're wonderful.

i'm running 12.3:1 on 91 :)

thanks guys for the quick replies. i'm sure i'll have more questions during this build up. jeff i will be in touch.

look on the ib website and like the pistons. now i'm kind of new to bottom end work but with the helm i can do this. when i get theblock back from being sleeved i plan on using stock crank. i already sent it out to be polished and checked out. if it is bored to 84mm do i order crv high compression pistons? which rods do i use meaning gsr lenght or crv? and arp studs the right thing to do? really want this car in the 13's. full interior gsr. is there a 84mm piston that will give me 11.5.1 . skunk 2 valves boosted compression .2 thanks for the help guys

Don't get the Skunk2 Valves, if you need new valves look into ITR or Ferrera. I have the Skunk2 valves and I have to lash them about weekly to keep them from making a serious racket.

to late my friend. i have been running the skunk2 vavletrain with the stage 2 cams for a while. so it isn't just me with these loud @SS VALVES. I MEAN REAL LOUD. does anyone know why there like that? any help on the piston/rod issue would be great.

I haven't figured out why yet (almost afraid to) but they are loud because they come out of adjustment very quickly, go set your valve lash and I bet you will find one or two that are way out of spec.

Back