Pistons and Nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

I was wondering if it is ok to run nitrous with high compression pistons? If not will i loss HP with the low compression pistons untill i use the nitrous?

Thanks

yeah you can run nitrous with high compression pistons, but you gotta consider what shot of nos, how high of compression. like 12.1 to 13 compression isn't ideal or really safe wih nitrous, unless you're compensating with fuel in the cylinders, and your timing. cuz with a high compression motor you advance your timing which would be a no, no with nitrous. as far as low compression goes that is what you should use with nitrous, but when you're not squeezing you're car will be slower, cuz it has a lower compression ratio. like I my motor has about 10.8 to 1 compression with type r pistons, and i still occasionally squeeze 75 shot, but at the same time, I have 310 injectors, str rail, sx regulator, and walbro 190Lph fuel pump, tuned through a vafc, off a Mugen ecu which dumps a lot of fuel. so pretty much its up to you if you can run nitrous with high compression. if you do the shot can't be to high, and neither can you're compression. or else it makes for a useless setup. cuz nitrous is one setup as far as engine goes, and high compression is a complete other.

lower compression = less power.

as for your exact question- it really depends on how big of a shot you want to run

running a 50 or 75 shot. would a block guard and some head work stainless steel valves, stiffer valve springs and titanium retainers be ok on a stock h22.

fuck block guards. you're better off without it.
head work has nothing to do with nitrous. its the bottom end that fries.

Back