Pistons And Rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraracing91

What 84mm forged pistons and connecting rods would be best for a turbo application? :unsure:

I'm not sure cuz I don't know all the piston manufacturers, but for the piston, I would say probaly the JE piston for the B20B4 (Part number 185917 with footnote T - Turbo and Nitrous Specific applications). As far as connecting rods go, I dunno. Maybe Manley or Crower would have one for your engine.

try to go with JE Pistons or Arias... i've heard nothing but good reviews...

i personally have a set of arais pistons but im more into all motor

as for Rods go with Eagle, you cant go wrong... they are cheap and very dependable in my opinion

what if im not going turbo....yet.
im building my LS/Vtec and i was gunna use ITR Pistons/LS rods but what if i used the eagle rods/je pistons. what do you guys think??

-Omar
thanx

Originally posted by vroomvroomHB@Mar 30 2003, 02:21 PM
what if im not going turbo....yet.
im building my LS/Vtec and i was gunna use ITR Pistons/LS rods but what if i used the eagle rods/je pistons. what do you guys think??

-Omar
thanx

well if you plan on going turbo ASAP, then when you get your pistons make sure you get dished low compression pistons... dont make the mistake of getting high compresion pistons to make power for your LS/VTEC then slapping a turbo on it later cause then you'll go boom!

may be a stupid question, but what about JUN and Spoon entire kits? pistons, rods, rings, gasket, crank etc. I know JUN stuff is held to much higher quality standards then most american companys. JUN builds stuff good enough for porsche. may not be best stuff around, but i know they're specs are really tight. are those ok? or just way to much money?

i think you are talking about the stroker kit. no its not that good for turbo apps b/c the pistons are high compression. if its for n/a then go for it, and if you like super high quality imported items.

Pistons: Wiseco, JE, or Arias
Rods: Eagle - Why pay more? Like thier ad says.
Do you make the same power Jojo does? We didn't think so.  Do you need stronger rods that Jojo does?  We don't think so.

My buddy Alan at Eagle came up with that one... Pretty good marketing strategy.

I might make similar power to jojo all said and done, and guess what i'm running? Eagle rods.

Back