Pistons for B18A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What's up everyone I'm building a B18A and having trouble finding pistons I've found a few brands that make them specificaly for the LS motor like CP and Arias but my question is will JE's or somthing else work? Basically my question is what's the difference between the non Vtec and Vtec pistons from these companies is the comp. going to be the same if I order JE's for a gsr they'll both be the same bore and they'll both bolt to the H beams for the LS right? So I can't see why it wont work unless anybody else knows?

Are you asking if you can use JE pistons for your build, the answer is yes, but you would have to have them custom made (a little more expensive). I THINK the pistons for the GSR are taller and you might have some clearance issues.

If you want another choice of shelf stock pistons for the LS, check SRP. They are a different material, but its still JE pistons.

I think the width of the rod ends are different(meaning different width between the piston skirts for the piston too). I would also go with Cp's, they are a top notch piston can't find any better.

Thanks for the reply you guys are my hero. Hopefully I'll be runing some boost soon!

Yep, small end rod width is different on nonvtec and vtec motors.
There are LOTS of off shelf pistons for the b18a application. JE, Wiseco, CP, and Arias are the names I trust. CP pistons are in my car, and off shelf CP's can be had for around 350-400. My customs weren't much more.

yeah, i wouldnt shake a stick at many of em. JE doesnt have off the shelf LS pistons (that i see in my catalog) but SRP does.

Back