Pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth95

1.would I have to sleeve my h22 to get new pistons
2. I dont know wich ones to go with
3.If Im going straight motor what do you guys think I should do to my h22 also I just want it to be faster than the average h22 its a daily driver. The h22 is not in the car yet and someone told me just go with h22 type s pistons oh yeah and the last thing what compression should I get the pistons thanks for youre guyses help in advance

1. Usually, but not always- use OEM cast pistons and you'll be fine on the stock sleeve.
2. Call up Intercrew or ImportBuilders- they're both in my signature
3. Compression depends on what you want to do... turbo applications would want lower compression, and all motor would want high static compression. The Type-S pistons would be a good match for your engine if you want to avoid resleeving the block.

would it be a good idea to sleeve it and also no turbo straight motor and skunk2 head internals with ferrea i/e valve

Sure, if you want to and you have the cash. Resleeving the block will allow you to run forged pistons without destroying the stock sleeve material.

Manufacturing process....

Most factory pistons are cast, most aftermarket are forged.

Forged generally = stronger, lighter, harder, tougher

Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 4 2004, 01:53 AM
Sure, if you want to and you have the cash. Resleeving the block will allow you to run forged pistons without destroying the stock sleeve material.
[post=411765]Quoted post[/post]​

Why would a forged piston score the stock sleeves?

Originally posted by xyswany@Nov 4 2004, 09:31 PM
Because the forged material is harder than the sleeve.
[post=412322]Quoted post[/post]​

Which would be a problem if you didn't have piston rings.

preludes have an FRM cylinder sleeve like the nsx...

"...fiber-reinforced metal (FRM) cylinder sleeve, which is used by Honda NSX 3.2-litre. Its cost and power / space efficiency are both half way between cast-iron liner and Nikasil. A fiber-based material in the form of cylinder sleeve is first inserted to the die of the block. Melted liquid aluminium is poured into the die and integrate with the fiber sleeve. Then the cylinder wall is machined to the desire bore dimension, leaving only 0.5 mm thickness to the fiber sleeve which covers the cylinder wall. It generates lower friction than iron liner, thus improves rev and power. Moreover, the fiber sleeve reinforces the block, allowing the distance between adjacent bores to be reduced yet maintain mechanical strength."

So what do you guys think type s pistons or some je forged pistons and if I go je should I resleeve it or do I have to & thanks for your guys's help

Back