1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Place Racing Mounts...?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by kingwilly, Apr 7, 2003.

1. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

I have an 88 crx si and i got place mounts for a b16,does anyone know if i need to do some tweaking to the rear crossmember or make room for the alternator??cuz i think you do for the hasports..and i dont like that deal..you shouldnt have to take a hammer to your engine bay..you know..anyways..thanks in advance

2. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

GET RID OF THE PLACE RACING MOUNTS!!! My buddies broke right away, not even 10 months after he had them in there with a ls motor. http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=ST&f=2&t=10311 ASk this guy, he knows how and what needs to be pounded.

3. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeah- get hasports. way better

5. whatdahieu

whatdahieu Senior Member

hey slammed89integra why did you give up the teg?

6. Civic_88ls

Civic_88ls Senior Member

He is a friend of mine, he gave it up because it was a pile of crap, blew so much smoke it wasn't even funny and yeah it sucked ass, so slow and old and had a big ole dent in the back. He wanted something newer and better and he got his car for an awesome deal.

7. D16z6CrxDx

D16z6CrxDx Senior Member

i never had any problem with the place racing mounts, anfd i was pushing a bit under 300hp with my b20-v boosted there not as stiff as the hasport but they work fine, alot of friends of mine break them but becasue they are not instaled properly and not tight.......so i was very happy with the mounts

8. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

true that...i have place racing mounts...well they look exactly like place racing except i got them from another shop...anyways...i know alot of people haven't had good luck with place racing mounts...fortunately i haven't had any problems...but i honestly can say if i had the cash i would get some HaSport mounts

9. Civic_88ls

Civic_88ls Senior Member

My place racing mounts were installed properly and completely tight and the back one broke in half. i really dont like the quality of place racing mounts. they r all skinny and welded. i want the hasport ones mass bad and i know i wont have ne problems. WEll i also had a racing clutch so every time i raced and shifted hard, it put all the pressure on those shitty mounts and finnaly it just broke in half. cracked my rear crossmember too, mass bad.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted