Place Racing Mounts...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingwilly

I have an 88 crx si and i got place mounts for a b16,does anyone know if i need to do some tweaking to the rear crossmember or make room for the alternator??cuz i think you do for the hasports..and i dont like that deal..you shouldnt have to take a hammer to your engine bay..you know..anyways..thanks in advance

He is a friend of mine, he gave it up because it was a pile of crap, blew so much smoke it wasn't even funny and yeah it sucked ass, so slow and old and had a big ole dent in the back. He wanted something newer and better and he got his car for an awesome deal.

i never had any problem with the place racing mounts, anfd i was pushing a bit under 300hp with my b20-v boosted there not as stiff as the hasport but they work fine, alot of friends of mine break them but becasue they are not instaled properly and not tight.......so i was very happy with the mounts

Originally posted by D16z6CrxDx@Apr 9 2003, 01:22 PM
i never had any problem with the place racing mounts, anfd i was pushing a bit under 300hp with my b20-v boosted there not as stiff as the hasport but they work fine, alot of friends of mine break them but becasue they are not instaled properly and not tight.......so i was very happy with the mounts

true that...i have place racing mounts...well they look exactly like place racing except i got them from another shop...anyways...i know alot of people haven't had good luck with place racing mounts...fortunately i haven't had any problems...but i honestly can say if i had the cash i would get some HaSport mounts

My place racing mounts were installed properly and completely tight and the back one broke in half. i really dont like the quality of place racing mounts. they r all skinny and welded. i want the hasport ones mass bad and i know i wont have ne problems. WEll i also had a racing clutch so every time i raced and shifted hard, it put all the pressure on those shitty mounts and finnaly it just broke in half. cracked my rear crossmember too, mass bad.

Back