Places to see across the country

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Me and a friend are gonna be driving cross country next summer, planning the route around places to see. Ofcourse, theres the obvious tourist places that everyone goes to see like the gateway to the west and the sky needle or that southern most point. Are there any other cool things to see, other then the country side, we are gonna need to get out and stretch every now and again...

-Chris

you could see the 4 corners, utah, new mexico, arizona and colorado only place in the nation where you could be in 4 states at once.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 25 2004, 06:39 PM
you could see the 4 corners, utah, new mexico, arizona and colorado only place in the nation where you could be in 4 states at once.
[post=367906]Quoted post[/post]​

The fun of that wears off 30 seconds after you get there.

Colorado has some great City's. Ouray is probally my favorite town I have visited. Its more of the great seanery, wild roads (perfectly smooth, 20 miles of twisty road to get to the next town over that is a 10 mile radius from it). Less then 500 population, a very small town environment They are also known for being a big time Jeeping town. There are 4 or 5 places where you can rent jeeps to go trailing, Bolder is also a cool city, anywhere in the Rockie is cool too.

Cali is cool too.

stop at the coors brewing factory in denver

Thats not in Denver, thats in Golden Colorado.

well if you are into the Civil War, you can go visit the battleground in Appomattox, Virginia where the surrender of the South took place. you can see the old courthouse, battlefield, look at the cannons...all kinds of shit. pretty historic place :)

I have a cabin right out side of gettysburg The battle grounds are kinda cool but I'd rather go fishing at the cabin =)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 25 2004, 05:39 PM

Not much to see in that area....uhmmm ok, theres a lot to see in that area...Like go to Aztec NM, and go to Aztec Ruins, then head up to Durango CO, and just walk around that sweet toen, go over to Mesa Verde, next to Durango...head up nothe of Durango and get a sail plane ride, ride some horses, head back down to NM, and head over to Shiprock...an ancient Volcano...uhm...that about it...unless you want to ride the white water rapids from Durango to Aztec....which is fun.... then you can drive a bit and head over to the Grand canyon in AZ, and Crater monument in AZ...and thats about it...

I'm From Aztec NM, so I know all of that area....cool backroads, and I can tell you where to find some really cool stuff in that area...mostly outdoors stuff though.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jul 25 2004, 03:44 PM
stop at the coors brewing factory in denver
[post=367909]Quoted post[/post]​

Screw Coors, we have so many microbreweries around here it'll boggle your mind. Don't waste time with beer-flavored water, tour some of the real breweries around here and taste some real beer. :)

Connecticut is good in the Fall, and that's it.

Here are my suggestions:
Watch Hill, RI
Somerset PA (Amish country, lots of cheap accomodations, and the 9/11 plane memorial at the actual crash site)
Keene NH (Good food at Don & Daves Wings and in Troy Gap Mountain Breads) Camping is good. Hotels suck. College girls. High lesbian concentration.
Wind Generation fields of Kansas / Missouri / Utah / Arizona
Colorado. All over that state. Spend like, 3 weeks there you'll always find things to do.
Drive through Iowa at sunrise.
Mystic CT / Newport RI
Niagara Falls. Go into CA too.
Napa Valley, CA
That winding road that Martine takes down in Virginia.
Elephant Butte, New Mexico
Roswell NM

If you go across the central states, the southern route (73 I think) has more things on it to do, but the northern route (Through Chicago) is more interesting to look at. It's also how you go through Iowa.

-> Steve

don't forget to get a picture of yourself on intercouse highway in PA

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 26 2004, 01:42 AM
don't forget to get a picture of yourself on intercouse highway in PA
[post=368072]Quoted post[/post]​

screw that, come to michigan and take Exit 69, Big Beaver Rd.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jul 25 2004, 05:46 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jul 25 2004, 06:39 PM

The fun of that wears off 30 seconds after you get there.
[post=367910]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, but you'll be able to say you've been there.

great recommendations guys. im gonna have to print this out and map a route.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 25 2004, 10:46 PM
Here are my suggestions:

Colorado. All over that state. Spend like, 3 weeks there you'll always find things to do.

-> Steve
[post=368056]Quoted post[/post]​

How come I can never find anything to do then? :hmm:
Naw, there are plenty of things to see in Colorasdo, I have just been to all of them.

I would highly recommend South Dakota as well. Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Crazy Horse, ect.. Awesome state. :thumbsup:

And Washington state. Seattle and go to Whidbey Island. There are these two HUGE bridges and the lighthouse there that were in the movie "The Ring" which is pretty cool. And Bill Gate's houses are there.

cause I don't want you at my fucking house...........

jk.......visit anytime.."wait" stay out of florida!!

Back